Ghost in the Shell: Special Edition

Discussions about the first film (Ghost in the Shell) and the second (Innocence)

Moderator: sonic

Black Mamba

Ghost in the Shell: Special Edition

Post by Black Mamba »

I don't know whats up but amazon has it 65% off.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002R ... 8&v=glance

Does anyone have it? Is it a good buy even if you own the original?
bobert2999

Post by bobert2999 »

HA! this was my first ghost in the shell purchase ever. didnt you say you had never seen the orginal movie black mamba? if so you really shood and the special editions a good buy. it comes with a poster that has two sides, and theres an extra disk thats full of bonus features like interviews and the making of and whatnot...
"Knoledge without apllication is useless. But the ultimate application, is the use of knoledge..."

half me, half manga technique book i read once
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

bobert2999 wrote:HA! this was my first ghost in the shell purchase ever. didnt you say you had never seen the orginal movie black mamba? if so you really shood and the special editions a good buy. it comes with a poster that has two sides, and theres an extra disk thats full of bonus features like interviews and the making of and whatnot...
O I've seen the Ghost in the Shell movie, my first Gits purchase as well. I bought the original.

But now that theres a Special Edition, extremely cheap at that, I am considering buying it if its worth it.

When did I ever say I never saw the original movie?
bobert2999

Post by bobert2999 »

Black Mamba wrote:
bobert2999 wrote:HA! this was my first ghost in the shell purchase ever. didnt you say you had never seen the orginal movie black mamba? if so you really shood and the special editions a good buy. it comes with a poster that has two sides, and theres an extra disk thats full of bonus features like interviews and the making of and whatnot...
O I've seen the Ghost in the Shell movie, my first Gits purchase as well. I bought the original.

But now that theres a Special Edition, extremely cheap at that, I am considering buying it if its worth it.

When did I ever say I never saw the original movie?
oh wait yes thats right, no nvm you never said you didnt see the origanl movie. i think i was just thinking of someone on another forum and some thoughts got crossed into some wierd universe where you had never seen the movie, or something. hmm, you have to ask someone who has bought both the orginal and special for an answer to your question though...
"Knoledge without apllication is useless. But the ultimate application, is the use of knoledge..."

half me, half manga technique book i read once
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

With the special edition, the content is split over two discs, the menu screens have been animated and some new content are a trailer for SAC and new languages.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

Wow that's cheap for the SE!.. Unfortunately it's not released in Europe. :/
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

MiNaeClem wrote:Wow that's cheap for the SE!.. Unfortunately it's not released in Europe. :/

What are you talking about? I just saw a copy in a DVD-store, and in my country, seeing any anime at all on the shelf is a phenomenon. It seemed to be an import from Sweden (I live in Finland).
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

Really? :o Are you sure it's region 2 Special Edition? I couldn't find it on Amazon or anywhere to buy...
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Motoko2030 wrote:With the special edition, the content is split over two discs, the menu screens have been animated and some new content are a trailer for SAC and new languages.
Do you own it? If so do you mind elaborating on the sound and visual improvement (if there is any)?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The visual enhancements
Digitally re-mastered widescreen
Custom motion interactive menus

Languages
English 6.1 DTS and English 5.1 Surround
Japanese 6.1 DTS and Japanese 5.1 Surround
Spanish Stereo
French Stereo
Italian Stereo
German Stereo
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

MiNaeClem wrote:Really? :o Are you sure it's region 2 Special Edition? I couldn't find it on Amazon or anywhere to buy...

Yeah, I'm positive. The store only sells Region 2 disks. Better check Amazon, again, but if they don't sell it, try to find a Scandinavian release. It has English subs, as well.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Motoko2030 wrote:The visual enhancements
Digitally re-mastered widescreen
Custom motion interactive menus

Languages
English 6.1 DTS and English 5.1 Surround
Japanese 6.1 DTS and Japanese 5.1 Surround
Spanish Stereo
French Stereo
Italian Stereo
German Stereo
I read that, but just because they say it doesn't mean theres much of a difference. I'd like to hear from fans who have it. (Those reviews on amazon pretty much only review the movie itself).
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I noticed a very slight improvement in the visual quality over the standard version DVD, but since I don't have a Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS Surround System yet, I cannot tell you the improvements in the audio quality.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

Well it sure been a long time since I visited mainpage of gits. http://www.manga.com/ghost/
They made quite changes and looks very fine. I got the specifications of the SE dvd there. Runtime - 82 minutes as usual. and in the 2nd disc ther are:
Character Dossiers
Creator Biography
Director Biography
Digital Works
Production Report
Ghost in the Shell Trailers
Previews
DVD Catalog
Web Links
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I like the new flash layout of Manga's Ghost in the Shell website, you will need a broadband connection to view that flash animation.