GITS:SAC and SSS on Blu Ray?

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Salaadin

GITS:SAC and SSS on Blu Ray?

Post by Salaadin »

Hey.

Im just wrapping up GITS: SAC 2nd GIG and Im loving it. I plan on buying SSS as well. My only concern is that Ive been hearing rumblings of a possible Blu Ray release of both the SAC and SSS yet those were always refuted days later.

The most recent I read was on animeondvd.com, I think, and I cant seem to find the link to the news article there anymore.

Have there been any official confirmations of a Blu Ray release of any of the GITS:SAC seasons or one of Solid State Society?

Also, Im a huge sucker for special editions and largely prefer to spend the extra dough for them. Assuming there will be a blu ray release of GITS: SAC or SSS, what do you think the chances are of these also being special editions containing the figures/CD's, etc?
holdenmcclure

Post by holdenmcclure »

Excellent! I have a PS3 and a 50" Plasma 1080p, so Blu-Ray would be great! However, the DVD Box-set for GiTS SAC Season 1 is already $100. Lets do some math here. Lets take a random DVD from Amazon. Tekonkinkreet costs about $14.99 on DVD, and the Blu-Ray variant is $26.95. Thats an 80% markup. If we apply that to GiTS SAC Season 1, we're running at $180 :shock: , including tax brings it up to $194.40 :shock: :shock: :shock: . I'm sure they will bring the price down from there, but it still gives me shivers :| .