in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GITS:SAC and SSS on Blu Ray?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Stand Alone Complex
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salaadin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: GITS:SAC and SSS on Blu Ray? Reply with quote

Hey.

Im just wrapping up GITS: SAC 2nd GIG and Im loving it. I plan on buying SSS as well. My only concern is that Ive been hearing rumblings of a possible Blu Ray release of both the SAC and SSS yet those were always refuted days later.

The most recent I read was on animeondvd.com, I think, and I cant seem to find the link to the news article there anymore.

Have there been any official confirmations of a Blu Ray release of any of the GITS:SAC seasons or one of Solid State Society?

Also, Im a huge sucker for special editions and largely prefer to spend the extra dough for them. Assuming there will be a blu ray release of GITS: SAC or SSS, what do you think the chances are of these also being special editions containing the figures/CD's, etc?
holdenmcclure

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I have a PS3 and a 50" Plasma 1080p, so Blu-Ray would be great! However, the DVD Box-set for GiTS SAC Season 1 is already $100. Lets do some math here. Lets take a random DVD from Amazon. Tekonkinkreet costs about $14.99 on DVD, and the Blu-Ray variant is $26.95. Thats an 80% markup. If we apply that to GiTS SAC Season 1, we're running at $180 Shocked , including tax brings it up to $194.40 Shocked Shocked Shocked . I'm sure they will bring the price down from there, but it still gives me shivers Neutral .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Stand Alone Complex All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: