Doggy question

Discussions about the first film (Ghost in the Shell) and the second (Innocence)

Moderator: sonic

Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Maybe Batou should call the Dog Whisperer to help Gabu deal with her problem messing in the house in Innocence.

I bet he doesn't establish himself as pack leader by giving her enough walks........
:gabu: :gabu: :gabu: :gabu: :gabu: :gabu: :gabu: :gabu: :gabu:
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Tonks_kittygoth wrote: I bet he doesn't establish himself as pack leader by giving her enough walks........
:gabu: :gabu: :gabu: :gabu: :gabu: :gabu: :gabu: :gabu: :gabu:

:lol: Good point! I like the way you put that.

But lets be more realistic about it. Poor Batou gives her as much attention as he can. And to increase the level of pity on poor old Batou, he gives her all his time. :( Makes me kind of angsty to think of his life....

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

lol

I was just being a punk.
Obviously Batou is devoted to Gabu.
She is the Best woman in his life!

They all seem to have very rough lives.
I think that goes with the job.

There is a show on about arson dogs, I wonder if Gabu could join section 9 snifing out illegal cybernetics? :gabu:
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Tonks_kittygoth wrote:lol

I was just being a punk.
Obviously Batou is devoted to Gabu.
She is the Best woman in his life!
That, and how many dogs would be loyal enough to go search for their master's soul? (Refference to the novel 'After the Long Goodbye')
They all seem to have very rough lives.
I think that goes with the job.
I think Ishikawa loves it! :D He wouldn't trade his job for the world!
There is a show on about arson dogs, I wonder if Gabu could join section 9 snifing out illegal cybernetics? :gabu:
:lol: I'm pretty sure they'd be looking for a dog that's a bit less cute, and fully, and a bit more agile and ferocious! :lol:

mm
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

if the dog in the movie "innosense" is a fake puppy. how come he buys dog food?
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Epiphany wrote:if the dog in the movie "innosense" is a fake puppy. how come he buys dog food?
No no no, not fake. Cloned. The dog is a series of cloned Basset Hounds. Meaning, it's no different than a normal dog, but simply was lab-grown, and wasn't created in the natural way. I'm sure there were also some DNA alternations, but all in all, the dog is, quite so, real. :)

mm
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

marto_motoko wrote:
Tonks_kittygoth wrote:lol

:lol: I'm pretty sure they'd be looking for a dog that's a bit less cute, and fully, and a bit more agile and ferocious! :lol:

mm
Thats true. she does seem to be a lovable pup. but I don't think she could sniff out her food bowl without help.
Tonks_kittygoth

Yipe,
That quote was Marto's not mine.

Hounds are supposed to have good noses. However I'm Quite sure that Batou would never let his precious pup into any dangerous situation.

It was sweet that she went looking for his soul. Too bad she found so much trouble. :gabu: :gabu:
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Small question: How come everyone calls the dog a "she"?

Is it in the novel or something (still need to read it)? At the showing of the film I went to at the cinema, the dog was a "he" in the subtitles of the Japanese version of the film being shown. Am I missing something?

I've been calling the dog a he all along. :gabu:
Last edited by sonic on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

yeah, i think Gabu is a she in the Innocence novel.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Ah, okay. Strange then. Wonder why they decided to change? It's only a small matter anyway (er, okay, a small bassett hound-sized matter, lol).
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Sylphisonic wrote:Ah, okay. Strange then. Wonder why they decided to change? It's only a small matter anyway (er, okay, a small bassett hound-sized matter, lol).
So a rather lard-assed matter? :P

Gabu's a female. I've talked with a friend, he used to be a member here, and when the film came out, Kohta (Kohtarix was his screen name) told me that Gabu's a girl.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Ah well, I swear that pup looks so male to me. But then, some people think my dog is a girl...
Last edited by sonic on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

The doggy will always be a 'he' to me, I just don't buy the idea of Batou having a girl-dog for some reason.
tinkco86

Post by tinkco86 »

marto_motoko wrote:In After the Long Goodbye, the Innocence novel, and as well on the really old site that was up for Innocence, it's said that Gabu is female. Batou calls his dog a she in the novel, and also since it's based on the dog Oshii owns, it's definatelly a she. She even voiceacted for the character. :) I wish I could have seen it!

mm
Correct. I've read the novel and I do prefer Gabu as a she. Yamada probably did better research on the subject than the translators.

And it's such a great book, too. It's the only book I've read on my own for a long time besides stuff for school. It really does expand the more sensitive side of Batou and his love for his dog, and HER name is Gabu.