Stand Alone Complex, Volume 1: The Lost Memory (paperback)

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Motoko2030

Stand Alone Complex, Volume 1: The Lost Memory (paperback)

Post by Motoko2030 »

Here is a link to a paperback novel coming out in May 10 2006 called Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Volume 1: The Lost Memory, click on http://www.dhpressbooks.com/profile.php?prodid=13-466

Here is a description of the novel

In the not-too-distant future of 2032, the frontier dividing humans and machines has been crossed. Crimes committed by flesh-and-metal cyborgs are investigated by Section 9, an elite counterterrorist squad run by Chief Aramaki and his cyborg assistant, Major Motoko Kusanagi. Section 9 has faced countless adversaries in the real world and in cyberspace, but none like "The Awakened." It is believed that this lethal group of terrorists can take over the minds and bodies of almost anyone. Used as tools to commit crimes against the state, the victims are unaware of who or what is controlling them. When Major Kunasagi captures one of the victims, she hacks into his cyberbrain to learn the ringleader’s identity — what she discovers leads her on a journey deep into the heart of cyberspace, a journey that shakes her to the core.

Click on image to view the image of the cover of the book.[/url]
Last edited by Motoko2030 on Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

Thanks for the info! It's taking so long for them to release these books. I guess there are a couple more SAC novels. I can't wait to read them. Actually what I'm looking forward to is the Arms Report SAC Artbook. They should translate it first, it's short imo... :roll:
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I am also hoping that the Arms Report SAC Artbooks is also translated, there is some cool pieces of artwork in that book from the Japanese scans that I have seen.

This novel looks to be a great SAC novel, it is 275 pages long and from the description, it looks to be an excellent story, it has all of the elements that make Ghost in the Shell and Stand Alone Complex to have well thought storylines that suck in the viewer and you are wanting to know what happens next.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

Well, the writer Junichi Fujisaku played a great role in the series, so I'm sure it's a good novel that is suitable with Gits. Here's a link for the writer: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclo ... p?id=45420
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Thanks for that link to the previous works that the writer of the novel has done, he definitely knows what makes Stand Alone Complex to be a great Anime series.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Thanks for all this info Motoko2030. So its a novel, not a manga?Hmmm.... This is getting confusing. The cover certainly looks Shirowish. I just can't help but feel this is one of those cheap paperback spinoffs.

I should also note that the first link doesn't work.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Try the first link now or go to http://www.dhpressbooks.com/profile.php?prodid=13-466, I don't think that this novel will be a cheap knock-off since the writer has played a major part in most of the episodes of SAC 1st season and a couple of episodes of SAC 2nd Gig and I am sure that it will have everything that the fans like in the TV series.

The only thing that I could see going wrong is that if the translation from Japanese to English isn't perfect.
bobert2999

Post by bobert2999 »

a novel is a great idea. manga is fine dont get me wrong, but even with a pre-etasblished universe like ghost in the shell, you have to create your own mental images of scenarios, thus deeper immersing you in the stroy with a novel in my opinion. cant wait...
"Knoledge without apllication is useless. But the ultimate application, is the use of knoledge..."

half me, half manga technique book i read once
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Hmm...The description doesn't sound too appealing, but I'll give it the benefit of doubt. It's not like a summary of the Stand Alone Complex would have sounded any good, either.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I would have prefered big hardback novel on the Laughing Man. Since the writer wrote the epsiodes, he could easily add information and maybe add more structure and history to the whole event.

I would prefer this rather than that movie in the works, or this completely original (new story) novel.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I personally am looking forward to reading this book, the cover looks great, the description is something that you would find in the Stand Alone Complex universe and the writer has participated in a lot in the episodes of SAC.

According to Anime on DVD website, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Volume 1 The Lost Memory is the first volume out of three volumes, http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/mang ... _view=1949
Bringin It Down

Post by Bringin It Down »

This should be great. I can't wait to read it.
tkohlmetz

Post by tkohlmetz »

The cover looks good. I can't wait for it.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

I bought the book and I'm reading it right now. Just finished the chapter one. I won't tell what happens but I must say I ecountered some conflicts with other Gits structures. They're not big things and not disturbing at all. The book itself is not yet that hard to read but the scene lasts ong enough that takes you away somewhere. So far so good. Let's see how the rest goes on.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

May I ask how do you have the Stand Alone Complex Lost Memory book since it hasn't been released yet?