in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Harmony

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freitag

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Harmony Reply with quote

Anyone (else) seen it?
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's it about? Is it good?

[Just answered my own question about the "about" part ... stopped being lazy and looked it up lol. Still, what did you think of it?]
the cat is out of the box
Freitag

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was interesting. I'll have to watch it again to really get it, there was a lot packed in there.

I've been watching a lot of movies about dystopian futures and this one certainly qualifies in that category. There's even a huge political relevancy in the U.S. with Obamacare (the government in the home of the protagonist is a medically driven police state - vaguely reminiscent of the controlling computer in the game [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia_(role-playing_game)]Paranoia[/url] - The computer wants you to be happy. If you're not happy, you will be used as reactor shielding. And not to be confused with the anime Paranoia Agent.)

I think I'd have to talk about it in relation to something else, it's too big to just talk about on it's own. I, at least, need some contrasting agent.

The reviews here are interesting but mostly feel like people justifying their like or dislike of the movie.

It has a really odd intro/outro where it's all written up as HTML.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: