the unintelligible entry note to GitS: SAC

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Zidore

the unintelligible entry note to GitS: SAC

Post by Zidore »

It's a time when,even if nets were to guide all consciousness that had been converted to photons and electrons towards coalescing,standalone individuals have not yet been converted into data to the extent that they form unique components of a larger complex

What does this mean?
Do standalones have the ability to influence all normal net connected ghosts and remain above the effects of others?
It's really been troubling me a lot.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

I think the idea is that all individuals will become part of a collective.

Very Borg of them.

Kuze is working towards that goal too and so is pointyheadscarface (I forget his name just now)
Last edited by Freitag on Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Zidore

Post by Zidore »

Still leaves me in a doubt about the concept of standalones and the function of a cyberbrain. Does the cyberbrain just bring info to a user or puts his ghost up where others can access it?
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

It's a little of both. You will notice on occasions in the show members of Section 9 have been openly attacked by hostiles attempting to gain direct access to their Cyberbrains. I initially assumed this had to take place via the physical link (the plugs at the back of the neck) but latterly in 2nd Gig and SSS it has happen via the Net too.

Operatives like those in Section 9 have to have very aggressive barrier programs to protect the most sensitive areas of the cyberbrain from direct attack. Most hackers can't get passed them but in the show people like Kuze do manage to get through some.

It work both ways as the team also 'dive' other people's cyberbrains too, attempting to gain access.

Of course, for the average human this does mean you could potentially be exposed on the Net. It is no different to the current situation of having a computer on the Net, in so much as that it is exposed to access by those who know how to get past the safeguards, but also can be protected and can inversely be used as a tool to access others. The only leap between the current situation and GiTS is that we relay information to the Net via crude key and voice driven interfaces, whereas in GiTS the boundaries of entering information to a computer system are broken down by the placement of the human brain and the computer into one and the same part.

As such, the perpetual Net connection into the Cyberbrain also allows users virtually seamless access to the information on the net. It's almost unimaginable in this day and age when the fastest source we have is Google and a keyboard which some people consider to be incredible.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...