General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

HarryCanyon

Is The Matrix the same damn movie as GITS

Post by HarryCanyon »

Who thinks so?
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Matrix has some other twists and the stories are different, but a lot of the visuals are certainly ripped off.

Trinity certainly kicks butt like the Major too.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

some visual elements...nothing else IMO.
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"
Sergeant X

Post by Sergeant X »

GiTS understands Baudrillard better
He's got this essay where he states that contemporary sci-fi isn't really about the future, its more like a simulated reality over top of our existing present.
part of why I like the show

anyways the guys who did the Matrix have gone on the record to say that they were influenced by the original movie.

If anything The Matrix is the same damn move as Dark City
“Poets are always taking the weather so personally. They're always sticking their emotions in things that have no emotions.”
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

Sergeant X wrote:If anything The Matrix is the same damn move as Dark City
I agree with that. Dark City is almost the same story, but told by Rod Sterling instead of the Wachowski brothers.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Daedalus

Post by Daedalus »

It is a a fact that the director of the Matrix stated that he was inspired by GITS and many of the models and part of the story is based on Ghost in The Shell
like one vary noticeable example is the machine's that have taken over the real world in the Matrix not only does it look like many of the tanks look in GITS but also if you all remember that in the 1995 Ghost in the Shell movie
it states that the world was not yet fully technologized, this portion of the intro may have bin inspiration for the Matrix

its just my assessment, there is much more to be considered that relates to GITS as i said just something to be considered, i hope someone found this to be helpful. :l-man: