Kusanagi is a hottie in the manga and show.

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

HarryCanyon

Kusanagi is a hottie in the manga and show.

Post by HarryCanyon »

But butt-ugly and muscular in the animated movie, why did they gave Kusanagi husky eyes in the movie instead of brown? they could have gave her a nicer face in the movie. She is a cutie in the manga and anime.
Amethyst

Post by Amethyst »

It's all about preference my friend.
épitaph

Post by épitaph »

As it's been mentionned,this is a matter of taste and I personaly think GITS would'nt be the same without Motoko's cold stare....that's why I have a little preference for motoko from the movies.
Incarceration Of Personality
Is A Sad Inception Of Self Denial

The One That Denies The Inner Self
Flees Into Deception
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

Looks best in S.A.C IMO
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"
cong06

Post by cong06 »

I still haven't seen the movies.
I think I started watching a few times... but I still can't recall the ending. Which means one of two things:
1) I haven't seen them
2) I was playing a video game at the exact same time, which makes it rather hard to read the sub-titles.
Storm

Post by Storm »

cong06 wrote:I still haven't seen the movies.
I think I started watching a few times... but I still can't recall the ending. Which means one of two things:
1) I haven't seen them
2) I was playing a video game at the exact same time, which makes it rather hard to read the sub-titles.
That's like going onto the ilovejesus.com forum and saying you haven't read the bible, either that or you were too busy playing your nintendo DS during church.
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

mmm...Nintendo DS 3d - I want to try out :D
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"
John_234

Post by John_234 »

I find the anime form of Kusanagi a lot truer to the original concept. In the manga she's slapstick vicious at times and very, very expressive when not quietly philosophical. And she gets really pissed. Really, really pissed. That's just part of Motoko's character across her various iterations.

With the anime character, there is a ton of sexuality inherent despite said tendencies being a lot less pronounced than the manga. Her eyes are pretty dynamic for the eyes-open-blank-stare kinda deal, or the normal range of expressive anime eyes.

That's just completely missing in the movie. She even talks in the same monotone the entire movie. She isn't dynamic any more like Motoko is, and that's why I found the movies so insanely depressing and boring compared to the manga and anime. Of course it's preference, but even I can draw the parallels with the original concepts outlined.

The 3DS is really cool, by the way. Has an adjustable 3D-ness bar. The graphics are really pretty great, I can't wait for MGS and Resi Evil.
"If I believe I have a ghost, I will." Is this true? That's quite a controversy.
Rien

Post by Rien »

Movie Motoko is my favorite version(the whole movie in general is my favorite) both in personality and looks. I liked how she seemed "darker" in being more stoic and introspective than in SAC. I liked that she wasn't sexualized to show that she was strong. Nothing wrong with fanservice, but SAC took it too far and it's one of the few things I disliked about the series. Now it's what many people think when they hear GitS: the show with the "sexy purple haired cyborg". I never thought of her as ugly either; she had a natural beauty that seems plain when compared to the more well known SAC version of Motoko. It took me a while to get used to a Major that that didn't have her trademark purple hair and red eyes.

I've only read a little of what's she's like in the manga so I can't say much on that.
Non conformity is an illusion for the ego.
Violentidiot

Muscular is a Must

Post by Violentidiot »

I was exposed to the anime first and I found her shiny purple hair and red eyes relatively pleasing to the eye. Her outfit is certainly unique, but the fan-service is pretty apparent, which makes me slightly peevish.

However when I saw movie Motoko, I saw a new light in my own standards of beauty. Anime Motoko, in my opinion, is merely a moe character compared to the major in the movie. Maybe it's because I'm female, but her piercing eyes, stoicism, and rippling muscles inspired me to fashion myself more like her. Not only to myself, but the females that I draw.

It's manga Motoko that I can't adjust myself to.

Oh yeah, and I look nothing like Motoko. Looking like her is just an ideal fantasy.
John_234

Post by John_234 »

I think one of her endearing traits is that with all the cyborg body swaps and hacking, you can always tell its her. Her appearance in the end is just something that's nice, but not hugely important.
"If I believe I have a ghost, I will." Is this true? That's quite a controversy.