Aramaki's Brother in 2nd Gig?

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

marto_motoko

Aramaki's Brother in 2nd Gig?

Post by marto_motoko »

In the second to last disc of Season 2, Hideo Kuze goes to the Refugees in Dejima.

While observing the refugees in their efforts to begin their war for autonomy, Hideo's confronted by an old man who is interested in meeting him.

The old man never stated his name, but I could have sworn it was Aramaki's brother. Why? The similarity, the voice, the fact that he used to be a Public Service employee, he looked like Daisuke, and he also lived with the refugees which is where we last had any word of him being.

Anyone else care to see if I might be right or at least reasonably close to it?

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Chroma

Post by Chroma »

I was asking the same question...

Maybe we can speculate about a backup of ARamaki ?? who knows ^^
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Chroma wrote:I was asking the same question...

Maybe we can speculate about a backup of ARamaki ?? who knows ^^
Heh, doubt it was a backup. This guy seemed like he was going slightly ajar judging by his incapability to fill a tea cup.

Even though, the tea cup could have also been a metaphor. I know that in Shinto Buddhism the idea of overflowing a cup with liquid can sometimes be representative of thoughts, and how people cannot keep presuming, and thinking and anticipating, and sometimes simply must empty that which is too full in order to refill it with clean thoughts and clearer vision rather than overflowing.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Chroma

Post by Chroma »

I'm just still puzzled about this guy.
The way it appears in the series looks like a ironic coincidence. Aramaki is trapped with no way to communicate to his team, or anyone else, then pops that guy.

Innocently he his part of the refugees. To take your metaphor, you said
marto_motoko wrote:how people cannot keep presuming, and thinking and anticipating
I like that last word: anticipating. Could it be nice that this man is "triggered" by the non reaction of Aramaki due to blackout?
Maybe it's not related, and probably I am overthinking and trying to link bird with usb port, but my point is this is not a coincidence.

The cup thing, is leading me to cheap body, the man cannot master it very well. Or maybe he is not cybernetic at all, and in that case my theory may fall.
John_234

Post by John_234 »

There is an episode in 1st GiG where Aramaki goes AWOL looking for his brother, IIRC. Might be earlier in 2nd GiG, but it's definitely there. It's basically a brick joke, and a useful way to have Kuze discuss his ideology with a character that the viewer feels they are somewhat familiar with.
"If I believe I have a ghost, I will." Is this true? That's quite a controversy.