Introduce yourself

Tell us about yourself!
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

That we can agree on. Visit anywhere but suburban and west london. Basicly stay in zone 1.
Spica

Post by Spica »

My main problem with Mario is that he's such an unwieldy little italian, and he has to many controls in Super Mario World. I always liked Sonic the Hedgehog, he's much more graceful (well not in Sonic 1 or the game gear ones, but in the other ones) and the controls are eligantly simple.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
ghost

Post by ghost »

Hello I 'm Ghost... :D
I joined this forum not too longago (2/21/06) and I love it. The first time I saw this site I thought to myself "this is great" and I have been hooked ever since. I first started watching ghost in the shell the movie, when the
special addition came out. Ever since then I have been watching, and buying every thing ghost related I can get my hands on. :)

On a more personal note, my real name is Zackary Ryan (Male). In the time I don't spend watching GITS or schooling, I play sports and fix cars... I know it sound strang but it's true. Anyway I am hopping to go to college and get my A.A. or something like that. :)
RealFact#9

Post by RealFact#9 »

The names RealFact#9, as in Cipher. Those who know, know. I'm a newb to the whole GitS universe but heard a lot about it from being close to the cirlces (I've always loved cartoons/anime/manga/comics etc.. of any kind). So I decided to get the SE about a week ago and I liked it a lot. Because I liked it so much, I went and got Innocence which I thought was just as good, especially where the scene kept replaying itself with different outcomes. But yo, is there an english dubbed ersion of Innocence? I don't like haing to read and watch at the same time. Plus, I'm a philosophy major so its right up my alley.
AlphonseVanWorden

Post by AlphonseVanWorden »

I was a lurker. Now I'm poster. I think both labels sound rather unpleasant.

I'm in my thirties. I live in New Orleans.

Yes, I was in the city for Katrina. Yes, I stayed for just over a week after the storm. No, it wasn't a very pleasant experience. Yes, my property and my body survived the storm- minus my nerve, and missing a shingle or two from the building. And yes, I misbehaved during Mardi Gras.

No, I am not a native New Orleanian, but the city has been my home for several years.

I studied literature, philosophy, and political science when I was an undergraduate.

I've been a GitS fan for... well, okay, look at my age, take a guess.

I read a lot, everything from the classics (ye gads, how I hate that term) to science fiction, experimental literature, and some offbeat 19th Century stuff; from scientific works to history to critical theory; from Eurocomics to manga.

I'll check the site regularly, but I won't post regularly. Obligations in the real world, and all that noise.

I, er, don't know what else to say.
Such is the soul in the body: this world is like her little turf of grass, and the heaven o'er our heads, like her looking-glass, only gives us a miserable knowledge of the small compass of our prison. - Bosola, in John Webster's The Duchess of Malfi
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

ghst.01 wrote:@ Marto: Thats cool and disturbing....mostly disturbing...
Why, thank you! :mrgreen: I suppose it is disturbing, but I sometimes get a kick out of it....
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
AlphonseVanWorden

Post by AlphonseVanWorden »

marto_motoko wrote:
ghst.01 wrote:@ Marto: Thats cool and disturbing....mostly disturbing...
Why, thank you! :mrgreen: I suppose it is disturbing, but I sometimes get a kick out of it....
Does that mean "disturbing" is your middle name?

marto_disturbing_motoko... :lol: :wink:
Such is the soul in the body: this world is like her little turf of grass, and the heaven o'er our heads, like her looking-glass, only gives us a miserable knowledge of the small compass of our prison. - Bosola, in John Webster's The Duchess of Malfi
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

welcome! all the post-crash newcomers!
i like the fresh discussions going on.
i glad i've decided to hang through the dry months.

however, the solitary posters of spam
need not return....
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Hello,

I'm Tonks~ as in Harry Potter's Tonks, the very smart but often goofy memeber of the Order of the Phoenix, who changes her haircolor at will, and hooked up with Lupin.

Kittygoth~ Pretty self explanitory: goth what likes the felines.

(disclaimer, Im not really a goth, Im really a me, but goth is easier to self identify with when speaking to others, as the scene covers most of my interests.)

Im in my thirties, and live in the midwest w/ my wonderful husband, and Three kitties, Karloff, Roswell and Lugosi, our changing population of pet rats, (they dont live long enough,... sigh) our pygmy opposum Mr. Mortimer Sebastian Tiggywinkle Tumbletoes, a plecostomus, (sucker fish) named Oreck, Albion the catfish, and a family of platty fish.

My natural haircolor is dark blue, though is goes through as many changes as there is time and money for dye. I find it turns an inexplicble shade of brown, when undyed, a situation I abhor.

I have a BA w/honors in English Lit, and a BA in Art/painting/drawing, and about 2/3 of one in Comparitive Religions.
I am working on my Phd in Engish Literature, not sure of my concentration yet.

I am at a fairly conservitive Jesuit school right now and becoming very twitchy from it. Im looking to find a nice liberal program that is interested in genre work and Graphic Novels and film. (Anyone know of any such thing?)

I am also a writer, and working on a couple books, some poetry, and compilation of ghost stories from people I know personally or are at the most once removed. (nothing sent for publishing yet)

Also I am an artist, my style is sort of Rackham -y, but less detailed. I do freelance portraits, plush work, and illustration.

I am a Wild-eyed Bibliomaniac and have, with my husband converted our back room into a library of sorts.
Lit. heroes: Marlowe, Dickens, T.H.White, H. Ellison, R. Bradbury, A. Moore, N. Gaiman and many more.

I love Old horror movies, and movie stars, (hence my kitties names)
I love old movies in general, and good new movies, or really over the top bad movies.

I have an eclectic taste in music, ranging from Nina Hagen, Nick Cave, Dead Kennedies, to Louis Prima, Bing Crosby, Marlene Deitrich, to Saint Saens, Bethoven, to Tom Waits, Dresden Dolls, Mindless Self indulgance.

I grew up all over the U.S. due to my dad traveling w/ work, and a fairly decent car later. Poverty inhibits further travel at the time. Never was able to travel outside the country and am envious of those who do.

I love giant books full of obscure knowledge, the smell of libraries, and the feeling of old paper, as well as stuffed animal dragons, sanrio, and holiday lights.

I have a good splash of anti authoritarianism in my blood, a huge dose of cynacism, and am a general curmudegeon about humanity.

Nick Cave's "People just ain't no good." sums up alot for me.

While I may be a goof, I am very serious most of the time.
However I refuse to take life too seriously, as Mr. Wilde points out, its just too important.
The power of humor, can not be taken lightly, it can bring down kings, and twart totalitarianism, and get you through the worst.

I am a vegitarian, who is working on being vegan. I hope someday that animal abuse and consumtion will be as horrific to the human animal as slavery and female opression are to most of us today.

I am not perfect in any way, but I try little by little to work for improvement of this often crappy species I am part of.

I do way too much, and am easly distracted by shiney things, such as this forum. Must go write papers.

if you want to find out anymore,...
http://www.myspace.com/4398470
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

kittygoth, that is by far the coolest intro post.
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

:oops: Thanks! :D
ryann

Post by ryann »

HELLO....so my name here is ryann and this is not my really name, its just a name i think is pretty and is fitting for both girls and guys. That aside i have many interest one is poeple's intriguing views of many of thing(hence why i set out to find a ghost in the shell forum...ghost in the shell being very intelectual reviting thus being great bases for discussion). If u were not able to tell from my previous sentences i have very bad grammar and am always to lazy to fix the one i catch(being 1 out of 5 word splet wrong). I love many different kinds of music from old rock to new, metal to hard core, classical to techno, ect. I have previously seen the first gig and i have finished watching up to #17 of the 2nd gig(still steadily continueing)...seen the first movie...and by the end of the year the second movie and manga series(hopefully). Im a vegatrian. I have my jake....my dog....seriously the best companion in my life, like a brother to me. I also get inspired very easliy. I love movies, books, poems,art works, natural scenery,animals, peoples personalty(and stuff), and etc for this reason. And that is all that i feel like typing....so i guess thank u for reading my first post here. :D
Peace just means nothing fun ever happends.
ryann

Post by ryann »

PS: also I LOVE QUOTES...whether they be personal or not...it is my recent hobbie of writing down quotes i hear and luv. So if u have any interesting ones(personal or just picked up) u should tell me :wink:
Peace just means nothing fun ever happends.
base of the pillar

Post by base of the pillar »

A lot of people have quotes on the bottom of their posts, but if you really like quotes you could start a topic.
"And if we spirits have offended think but this and all is mended. That you have but slumbered heree while these visions did appear."--A Midsummer Night's Dream

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
Tonks_kittygoth

Ooo that would be fun topic.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also check out your local library or used book store for quote books. (if you have a Half Price Books they usually carry lots.) There are the serious ones like Bartlets Quotations and something or another, but my favorite series is the Curmudgeon's guide books.

All crabby quotes, on live, love etc.

Oscar Wilde is another one to check out, Dorthy Parker too!
Have fun! :D