Introduce yourself

Tell us about yourself!
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

Hi. I'm Míxtil, known by some as George.
I became interested in ghost in the shell after watching the first 10 minutes of the film. Just the first 10. I then bought the first 4 episodes of SAC on DVD (as I'm from England, I couldn't see it on telly.) I loved it. when I then saw the entire 1st GIG for sale for £20.00 (about $35.00 I think.) I watched every episode 3 times. I have the 2 films in the post, and am saving up for the manga. When the 2nd GIG is realsed, i'll get that too. I found this site from Wikipedia.

But about me. As well as GiTS, I also love Lupin III manga and anime. My faveroute film is Empire of the sun. My faveroute book is Aztec by garry jennings. I'm 14.

Hello :)
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Hello!

Greetings- What part are you from?
Last edited by sonic on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

The best, of course =P SOUTH LONDON! We may only have 30 tube stations, but we have class.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Míxtil wrote:The best, of course =P SOUTH LONDON! We may only have 30 tube stations, but we have class.

:lol: That one had me laughing! Good job - people who make M.M. smile, are people who are on his very good list!

Sylphi wrote:Great job on landing "Motoko" as a nickname... It actually sounds really cool on a guy! I mean, if you were a girl and you were referred to by that it'd probably just sound like you were a bit of a wannabe trying too hard, but the gender swith-up just makes it sound kind of fun and cool.
Thank you Sylphi! It actually took a while for it to stick, but now it's a 'no choice'. People say I'm so obsessed with her, and even act so much like her that if I was to have a sex change I'd be a pure match! :lol: But I'm not willing to go that far....yet! :P Just kidding obviously.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

ghst.01 wrote:
marto_motoko wrote:
Spica wrote:No one calls you Motoko, we all call you Marto.
I mean people who know me in person. :)
...and this doesn't frighten you?

Frighten? I'm flattered! For those who've known me on this forum for a good two years now, they'd know quite well how HONORED I actually am!

(Marto's story of Motokoism)

When I was five, I watched ghost in the shell on a tape that was pirated, and even though very little was clear to me of the movie, I couldn't help but feel a close affinity to Motoko Kusanagi. Over time, I grew more and more attached to the character. Perhaps it had something to do with me having no mother since I was very little, up until age nine, but all in all Motoko Kusanagi became my example. I guess one of those 'childhood hero' cliches if you will. :roll:

Over the past decade and now adding, I have grown so attached to her, that even though fully realizing that this was nothing but a character in the movie, in my mind Kusanagi is no different than a breathing, thinking, living creature roaming the earth just like me somewhere on this planet. I have seen the movie 3789 times since 1995, and still counting. I could careless how insane that sounds, and really don't care for the 'you should let down the addiction level' speeches, because I have heard them again and again, and think that due to my devoted ignorance to other's opinion of it, and mere respect for someone who isn't even real, I quite easily gained the nickname Motoko as it is.

I guess the connection had to do with Motoko, concidering that she too believes in something that's not real to anybody else, and lets no one else interfere with her thoughts. Her closest thing, and most trusted advisor is her ghost, as same for me. :D

Call me crazy if you will, or say it's cool, and I don't care! :P I'm happy being completely infatuated with Motoko! <3

m.m.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

Croydon? Not the greatest place in the world...
I live in central South London, clapham. Go to shool in Streatham though. All my freids live in croydon.
ghst.01

Post by ghst.01 »

@ Marto: Thats cool and disturbing....mostly disturbing...
Croydon? Not the greatest place in the world...
I live in central South London, clapham. Go to shool in Streatham though. All my freids live in croydon.
:lol:
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

What? tis the truth.
ghst.01

Post by ghst.01 »

It was that you said Croydon was bad, then said you go to school __ ___ and misspelled the sentence.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

ghst.01 wrote:It was that you said Croydon was bad, then said you go to school __ ___ and misspelled the sentence.
Now now... let's not get on people's cases for misspelling things...

Anyhooooooo.....

Back to the topic at hand: Introductions! Yay! On-topicness!
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

*cries uncontrolaby because of the insults*

Oh well. Am I still new?
Reconsciousness

Post by Reconsciousness »

hello, note that i thought of my sn in the 5 seconds before i couldnt resist the urge to register any longer ...

anyway i dont really have an interesting childhood ... maybe that i liked mario games a lot.

i first caught ghost in the shell, i think, in the near end of 1st Gig on adult swim. just when i thought that adult swim had become the most immature program i had ever heard of (and toonami soon followed suit)

i am Brad, a guy, a freshman in highschool that tries to keep down his big ego. And sometimes speaks of himself in third person on the internet.

My interests are: mathematics / philosophy / psychology / programming / and related things.
A mind opened never regains its original dimensions; a mind isolated will never acknowledge what is deaper inside...
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

- :idea:
Last edited by sonic on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reconsciousness

Post by Reconsciousness »

isnt it funny how such an immature thing as mario is still fun, just because we did it as a child? nostalgia ...

oh yeah i forgot to say what im egotistical abou t :lol:

I have studied/learned some of the following things, so one can make references when talking here and i will gladly give my opinion!

--complex analysis (up to contour integration)
--calculus (limits, derivatives, integration, etcedera)
--matrix theory (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, transposes, determinants, row echelon form, norms, vectors, etcedera)
--computational complexity theory (turing problem, undecidability, polynomial time, quantum computer, theoretical hypercomputer)
--BASIC (some, only on my TI-84+SE)

some things i am interested in learning about:
--philosophy (i cant really define which parts of this i like ...)
--psychology (stuff that is controversial, unknown, or deep)
--programming (visual basic, C++, etcedera)
--neuroscience/microtechnology (will pave the way for the future...)
--discrete mathematics/set theory (pretty much called LOGIC by the layman...)
So If anybody makes references to these things with posts, i will try and make a comment on them!
A mind opened never regains its original dimensions; a mind isolated will never acknowledge what is deaper inside...
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

I was in croydon by accident on friday. Made me sad. All the boring buildings. And Croydon's crime rate ain't that bad compared with Lambeth's. It has a good transport network, yes, but it is still LAAAAME.

The ice rink is fun. I go sakting for 100 minutes every tuesday =)