Reading anything?

Everything else you want to talk about!

Moderator: sonic

simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I went trhough John Steinbeck's "East of Eden" earlier this spring and it blew me away. I hadn't read anything from Steinbeck before and I have to say that I was completely taken by surprise by the quality and depth of the work. Goes without saying, I had to get some more. I'm now going through "The Grapes of Wrath" and loving it though it's very different.
Oh well.
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

I finally got around to openeing my copy of Snow Crash yesterday.

I finished it today.

Still noodling it. Interesting characters. Hiro reminds me a ton of Case (from Stirlings works)

The long conversations between Hiro and the Librarian remind me of some of the back and forth between the Major and Aoi.

EDIT: fixed stupid typo
Last edited by Freitag on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

Love Snow Crash, really funny and you can really see where it's influenced technology developers irl. Prefer The Diamond Age though because he dropped the whole writing in the present tense thing which I just found a bit wearing..[/i]
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

Currently being made to read The Turn of The Screw and The Man Who Was Thursday which I don't mind at all. And my cheeky bit on the side is Hugh Laurie's The Gun Seller which is fun, light and a little bit pulpy - just the way i likes em'. :)

I'm so bad at sticking to one book at a time, I've made a start on about five others too.. short attention span, I blame television.