Innocence US Re-release!

Discussions about the first film (Ghost in the Shell) and the second (Innocence)

Moderator: sonic

tinkco86

Innocence US Re-release!

Post by tinkco86 »

As soon as I bought the crappy Dreamworks version, this beauty is coming out. I think I'll just buy it anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Shell-Vol-2 ... -6%3Cbr%3E

Locke

Post by Locke »

Is this the English dub? I'm assuming it is. Please, do tell what you thought of it! :]]]
"Humanity does not ask us to happy. It merely asks us to be brilliant on its behalf."
tinkco86

Post by tinkco86 »

It does have an English dub. And no I don't have it, it comes out tomorrow.

I did rent Innocence from Blockbuster once and it was the Dreamworks version. It had the English dub. But when I bought one from Amazon there wasn't any. I just love Richard Epcar as Batou. But I don't mind reading the subs.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

:O It's out?! I'm going to go buy it first thing tomorrow morning! :D
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Colmy_DD

Post by Colmy_DD »

its re-released!!! i still prefer the original sepcial edition DVD i got a few years back!!
What i'd thought i'd do is pretend to be one of those individuals... or should i??
StuckInTheShell

Re: Innocence US Re-release!

Post by StuckInTheShell »

Don't forget about the Blu-Ray version!

http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Shell-2-Inn ... 3SG2SQRK80
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Can anyone here with first hand experience comment on the quality of the English subs in this Bandai DVD re-release of Innocence?

The crappy hearing impaired subs on the Dreamworks release kept me away.

Thanks
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Dinsdale wrote:Can anyone here with first hand experience comment on the quality of the English subs in this Bandai DVD re-release of Innocence?

The crappy hearing impaired subs on the Dreamworks release kept me away.

Thanks
The new subtitles are wonderful, not to mention that the audio-quality's pristine especially for surround-sound.

The english dubs themselves are wonderful, with both the British adaptation which is completely different from the one for the American port. We had the final cut which really makes a world of difference in the delivery, and overall lines spoken.

The subs, however, I still prefer what was written in the original Dreamworks version (perhaps due to the 450 + views that it got from me), but the lack of the hearing impaired aid is a wonder for me, since

"distant screech/ engine growling" isn't something I want disturbing my line of sight.

I bought the Blu-Ray, and the regular version, and the special edition DVD as well. Easily the Blu-Ray's the best package you could get.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?