in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Innocence US Re-release!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> The Original (Oshii) Films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tinkco86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Innocence US Re-release! Reply with quote

As soon as I bought the crappy Dreamworks version, this beauty is coming out. I think I'll just buy it anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Shell-Vol-2-Innocence/dp/B001K98MFK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1226177688&sr=1-6%3Cbr%3E

Locke

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the English dub? I'm assuming it is. Please, do tell what you thought of it! :]]]
tinkco86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does have an English dub. And no I don't have it, it comes out tomorrow.

I did rent Innocence from Blockbuster once and it was the Dreamworks version. It had the English dub. But when I bought one from Amazon there wasn't any. I just love Richard Epcar as Batou. But I don't mind reading the subs.
marto_motoko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O It's out?! I'm going to go buy it first thing tomorrow morning! Very Happy

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Colmy_DD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its re-released!!! i still prefer the original sepcial edition DVD i got a few years back!!
StuckInTheShell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Innocence US Re-release! Reply with quote

Don't forget about the Blu-Ray version!

http://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Shell-2-Innocence-Blu-ray/dp/B001K98MFU/ref=pd_ts_zbw_d_517956_1?pf_rd_p=336729001&pf_rd_s=right-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=517956&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JHNJ0PQ7C3SG2SQRK80
Dinsdale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone here with first hand experience comment on the quality of the English subs in this Bandai DVD re-release of Innocence?

The crappy hearing impaired subs on the Dreamworks release kept me away.

Thanks
marto_motoko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dinsdale wrote:
Can anyone here with first hand experience comment on the quality of the English subs in this Bandai DVD re-release of Innocence?

The crappy hearing impaired subs on the Dreamworks release kept me away.

Thanks

The new subtitles are wonderful, not to mention that the audio-quality's pristine especially for surround-sound.

The english dubs themselves are wonderful, with both the British adaptation which is completely different from the one for the American port. We had the final cut which really makes a world of difference in the delivery, and overall lines spoken.

The subs, however, I still prefer what was written in the original Dreamworks version (perhaps due to the 450 + views that it got from me), but the lack of the hearing impaired aid is a wonder for me, since

"distant screech/ engine growling" isn't something I want disturbing my line of sight.

I bought the Blu-Ray, and the regular version, and the special edition DVD as well. Easily the Blu-Ray's the best package you could get.

Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> The Original (Oshii) Films All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: