Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig British DVD Volume 1

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Spica

Post by Spica »

I once saw a preview for X the Movie that touted it as being "From the Company that brought you Ghost in the Shell." That company was of course Manga Entertainment, the company that produced the english version, not the japanese animation studios that originally made the movies.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

Basicly, advertisers lie
james_sb

Post by james_sb »

Motoko2030 wrote:In Britain, all of the seven volumes of the first season of SAC were released in one box set, to see an image of the British box set, click on http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0 ... ZZZZZZ.jpg
That's the one I have. I bought it from England for what worked out to Fifty Euro, including postage. That's a very good price. In Ireland they still only have Vol 1 and Vol 2 of 1st gig in the shops. I had those, but I wanted it all. I think they may be on Vol 2 of 2nd GIG in England by now, but if I'm not mistaken, the Film Innocene is coming out tomorrow in England, and Probably soon after in Ireland, with English Dubbing.

http://www.dvdactive.com/reviews/dvd/gh ... cence.html

There it is. Is the US version ye have now with English dubbing, or is this the first version with english? Heard ye had problems originally with hard of hearing captions rather than subtitles... it's time to start learning some Japanese...
Are you ANTI-POP?
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Yes James_sp. Unlike the US, Britian isn't completely half-assing their Innocence realse. This is the first version with english dub (done by the same actors behind SaC).

I really, really hope this gets realsed in R1.
james_sb

Post by james_sb »

Just in case anyone missed it here's a few direct links to cilps of the eng dub version from the page linked above.

http://onlinemoviepromo.com/player.php?id=548
http://onlinemoviepromo.com/player.php?id=551
http://onlinemoviepromo.com/player.php?id=554
http://onlinemoviepromo.com/player.php?id=146

Enjoy!
Are you ANTI-POP?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Thanks for the links, the English dub quality is excellent in the video clips, I just wished that Dreamworks got the SAC cast to do the voices for the American release.

I am hoping that Manga Entertainment USA can get the rights to Innocence and release a new Innocence DVD in America with the SAC English cast doing the voices.
cowboyfunk22

Post by cowboyfunk22 »

Thanks for the clips. They are great to see. If the version of Innocence never makes it to America, i might just import it. Computer DVD players and my car DVD player are regionless, so it could be worth it.
james_sb

Post by james_sb »

There's always a difference between the translated dubbing and the subtitles. Makes you wonder which is a closer representation of the Japanese version. Hope it makes the biblical and other references a bit clearer. Got very complex in parts. Should be good though, I want the chance to really get to look at the great animation in this film.
Are you ANTI-POP?
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

james_sb wrote:There's always a difference between the translated dubbing and the subtitles. Makes you wonder which is a closer representation of the Japanese version. Hope it makes the biblical and other references a bit clearer. Got very complex in parts. Should be good though, I want the chance to really get to look at the great animation in this film.
Well, even between different subtitled versions, they're a lot of differences. I compared a french fansubbed version (which was really well done, and gave a lot of references) and the official french subtitles (which never mentionned the quotes author's or philosophical or biblical references) and it makes a huge difference !

So imagine between a subtitled version and and dubbed one !

That's why I usually like the fansubbed versions (at least for popular mangas) over the official ones (even if I buy them once they available in both french and english later on).
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

james_sb

Post by james_sb »

Hey Thyren, sorry to go off-topic for a second, but I lived in Toulouse for a short while with a French Family on an exchange. Nice place, espically the space museum. Wouldn't mind going back.
Are you ANTI-POP?
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

james_sb wrote:Hey Thyren, sorry to go off-topic for a second, but I lived in Toulouse for a short while with a French Family on an exchange. Nice place, espically the space museum. Wouldn't mind going back.
That's funny, because most of the people I meet on the Internet haven't ever heard of "my" city :lol:

I'm leaving it in a few days though, but to be back to Canada so it's still as good as France :lol:

Never went to Dublin but I've heard only good things from people I know who went there. I'll visit it maybe once I'm back in Europe...

PS : it's ok, we can go back to the topic now :P
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

james_sb

Post by james_sb »

Anyone heard of these guys?

lmf-fans
Laughing man Fansubs

They seem to have done really good English ones for the second series, which included english on-screen for signs in japanese and things like that. But I still have no way of knowing how accurate they are, as i've seen the first episode of 1st gig with two different subs and a different again dubbing. I suppose it's a bit anal, but you know yourselves, it's the writers take that you want to see, not a rehashed version.

And yes, when it's released in Ireland I will buy it, but it's not yet so I got my mits on the other stuff from a friend.
Last edited by james_sb on Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are you ANTI-POP?
Gillsing

Post by Gillsing »

I know of LMF, but I also know that piracy and thus links to fansubs aren't allowed in this forum. Better delete it before they see it! :shock:
Recommended cyberpunk:
ImageImage
davidtobin100

Post by davidtobin100 »

James_sb:

Also from Ireland (Limerick). All of the 1st gig Volumes are for sale here, we have exactly the same release dates as the UK, we are basically the same market as far as distributors are concerned. There is a lack of availability due to Ireland being a smaller section of that market.

HMV are stocking them at a price of €11.95 per Volume at the moment. The best place to buy however is www.play.com. I got my complete 1st Gig from the and they are very good price-wise and delivery wise. also release dates for all of the 2nd Gig volumes are on their site.
james_sb

Post by james_sb »

Cheers man, Play always seems to be a good site.

There's a sever lack of distribution here so. I was in HMV on Grafton St. and they only had Vol 1 & 2. I asked at the counter. They were selling for 24.50 each aswell. Golden Discs only had 1&2 also. I reckon it'll be a long time before we see 2nd gig in shops around these parts....
Are you ANTI-POP?