in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solid Sate Society Blu-Ray new english audio track?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Stand Alone Complex
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StuckInTheShell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Solid Sate Society Blu-Ray new english audio track? Reply with quote

not much news here except for a link to the official blog http://www.bandai-ent.com/i/

What I dont understand is why are they recording a new english audio track? Dont they already have one for the Australian and UK version of the movie?
H-street

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my best guess would be they are redoing it with the Laughing Man and Individual 11 movie english cast.. which is different than the TV english dub cast..

personally i can't stand the new cast but some of that has to do with the fact that th ey actually changed the dialogue in some cases, not to mention the motoko voice (Allison Mathews) isn't nearly as good at delivering the dialog as Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (the series Motoko)..
Storm

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I'm blown away, I've never heard of Alison Matthews.

a quick search on google:
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Ghost-in-the-Shell/Motoko-Kusanagi/

Very interesting. I actually had the individual 11 DVD set, watched it throughout, and never once did I think the voice wasn't Mary Elizabeth McGlynn, maybe my version was her? I'm so confused. I'm in Australia, so maybe all our dubs are M.E McGlynn.

Gahh! I hate it when I find out news like this Smile
Freitag

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never heard Alison Matthews' voice before.

The Kwan recording has too much distortion in it to be sure, but I think Ive never heard her before either.

And Woods, I need to watch the movie again. I don't really recall well enough I guess. Seems flatter than I remember.
Chroma

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess I've never heard any of them. Original version is much more interesting. Besides, most of the cast is conserved through all the anime (except some character like Aramaki in the first 2 movies.)
Freitag

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mom bought be a Blu Ray player for my birthday. My first two movies for it were 1002, and 2010. Maybe I'll start my anime headed to Blu soon too Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Stand Alone Complex All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: