Your input wanted for new Motoko statue

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

motoko_pvc

Your input wanted for new Motoko statue

Post by motoko_pvc »

Hi guys. Newbie here. I just wanted to get all your opinions. I am working on a statue of Motoko and pretty much have free reign on what it will look like. Trouble is, there are many version of her. So I ask for your input. What version would you like to see sculpted? if you have a picture to accompany your choice, that would be even better. I was thinking something along the lines of from GITS 2nd GIG with her holding/pointing a gun in one hand while holding an origami crane in the other, sort of a combination of the two sides of her. Opinions? Also open to comic version of her too, as I was checking out the manga Man-Machine Interface and there was some good artwork to go with. Thanks much!
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

My favorite image of her is the one in my avatar. But I also like the one of her in SSS when you first see her at the airport
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
motoko_pvc

Post by motoko_pvc »

i actually haven't seen SSS yet (the only one i haven't seen). got a pic? and how about a larger version of your avatar?
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Honestly, there are NONE of the Movie motoko, outside of the tiny ones, and we absolutely need one. Please do that one, and I'm willing to pay up to whatever it is for it if you do.

You can ask anyone around here, I'm more than avid about the movie motoko! A statue of her when she's wearing only the goggled (those square thermoptic warfare ones) with only the white boot-like uniform would be good ( the way she looked once she took off the coat in the beginning of the movie).

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
motoko_pvc

Post by motoko_pvc »

what about the picture of her sitting, naked, with all the wires and stuff coming out of her back? i have had 2 people send me the same picture so far. know which one I mean?
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

It's not really my area, but I'd agree here seem to be a lack of original Movie figures of Motoko, from what I've seen. Most are SAC models which while nice aren't original Movie.

The movie cover picture of her with the wires in her back that you described is too similar to the 'Hard Drive' figure, which although a nice piece, and rare, has been done already. If you were going to do an original Movie figure my personal view is that you'd have to do something that represents an actual scene in the movie, not something off the cover. Picking something evocative from a movie scene gives more life to the figure IMHO.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Saito wrote:It's not really my area, but I'd agree here seem to be a lack of original Movie figures of Motoko, from what I've seen. Most are SAC models which while nice aren't original Movie.

The movie cover picture of her with the wires in her back that you described is too similar to the 'Hard Drive' figure, which although a nice piece, and rare, has been done already. If you were going to do an original Movie figure my personal view is that you'd have to do something that represents an actual scene in the movie, not something off the cover. Picking something evocative from a movie scene gives more life to the figure IMHO.
How about one of her on top of the Section 6 tank? :D Now wouldn't that be awesome?! :gabu:

If you're seriously willing to commit yourself to this, depending on the outcome you could chew up my wallet, because if the outcome's anywhere near good I'll gladly be your first customer! :D

mm
motoko_pvc

Post by motoko_pvc »

on top of the tank, you mean something like where she is pulling the hatch off the top? that would make a kick butt piece. and i agree a scene from the movie always works great.
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

I know that scene is really evocative and all but it almost always grosses me out. I just find something about it very disturbing.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
motoko_pvc

Post by motoko_pvc »

lol i agree with you a bit. i want something sexy, cause sexy is always good. but i want something very representative of the character and film. any more ideas?
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

i like what motoko wears in the bankrobbing episode.

i think a good character rep for kusanagi would be her in her scuba gear...hunched over on the boat like in the film...holding a beer.
motoko_pvc

Post by motoko_pvc »

good idea. still undecided, aiya!
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

motoko_pvc wrote:good idea. still undecided, aiya!
Seriously, do something from the film. How about instead of a replica of the tank scene, just make her with a busted arm, still wearing that thermoptic head piece (the square one), the other hand just rested on the tank as she's sitting on the edge of that giant back part of it, with no clothes on.

That way, she's still HOOOOOT as all hell, plus she's still portrayed in her most awesome and memorable moment!

Besides, I'm sure it's a unanimous vote that the movie motoko needs more lovin'!

Do you want me to draw what I mean? I can have it done by tomorrow!

mm
motoko_pvc

Post by motoko_pvc »

lol dude, sure, if you can, that would be great
motoko_pvc

Post by motoko_pvc »

marto, any sketches yet?