GITS 2.0

Discussions about the first film (Ghost in the Shell) and the second (Innocence)

Moderator: sonic

Epiphany

GITS 2.0

Post by Epiphany »

The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
marto_motoko

Re: GITS 2.0

Post by marto_motoko »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my dear fucking god! I want it! I WANT IT!!!!

*must walk away from computer*

(dead-serious half an hour later)
I can't believe my eyes! Holy crap! So what exactly is this? I can't read any of the japanese, but Jeeeeesus Christ this looks beautiful! When is it coming out? Is it a direct remake? It looks phenomenal! So beautiful! O_O

Need more info now!

mm

(This should be in the GitS movies are)
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

LMAO...I can't read japanese either :cry: I found this posted on a non-anime site. It looks so good 8)
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

From what I can find it will be in Japanese Theaters on 7-12 this year. Couldn't find anything about a US release :cry:
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

I did a Google translation. I think it's a completely re-created version of the first film, done in 3D (or at least with some 3D), with a remastered soundtrack and new voice work. It will be released in a very limited way 12 July.

Very cool! 8)
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Here are 2 articles I found on animenewsnetwork.com :

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... e-theaters :

Mamoru Oshii's first Ghost in the Shell cyberspace film will return to five Japanese theaters in an enhanced Ghost in the Shell 2.0 edition on July 12. The new edition will include new computer graphics and digital effects for some scenes and a reunion of most of the cast members for a new 6.1 surround sound recording. Academy-Award-winning sound mixer/editor Randy Thom (Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, The Incredibles, The Right Stuff) has overseen the new soundtrack with Kenji Kawai's original music and a final mix that has been produced at Thom and Lucas Digital's Skywalker Sound studio in California.

In the new edition, the enigmatic Puppet Master character will be played by Yoshiko Sakakibara (Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence's Harraway, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex's Prime Minister Yoko Kayabuki). Iemasa Kayumi (Giant Robo's Chief Chuujou Shizuo, RahXephon's Ernst Von Bähbem) played the role in the original edition.

The film will screen in Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, Fukuoka, and Sapporo. Not coincidentally, Oshii's latest film, The Sky Crawlers, will open one month after Ghost in the Shell 2.0 on August 2.

Thank you to Ulrik Beike for the news tip.

Source: Variety Japan, animeanime.jp

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... o-streamed :

The official Japanese website of Mamoru Oshii's The Sky Crawlers film has posted a promotional video for Ghost in the Shell 2.0, the enhanced edition of the first Ghost in the Shell cyberspace film. The website also posted an article that describes the visual updates and audio remixing for this edition that opens in five Japanese theaters on July 12. The Ticket Pia agency has also posted three before-and-after images and the poster image.

AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME

:P

Edit: now that I`m thinking about it ... could it be related in any way to the live-adaptation ???
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Dude, I can't wait! I just can't wait for a DVD release!

mm
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

YEEEAAAHHHH!!!!!!!
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

As an afterthought, interesting that Warner Bros. pops up as the distributing studio....

Cool, nonetheless. I find the original GitS a spotless classic, but it looks really awesome. I am so glad the Ghost in the Shell is still thriving!
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

I'm still having a shock to my system seeing GitS with the mood of Innocence, but I'm so thrilled about it.

It's like a dirty kinky fantasy that one'd never actually even think of mentioning, yet it came true anyway!

Innocence in the Shell, that's what this is! :gabu:

I think I'm in love! (even more)

mm
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

THYREN wrote:
Edit: now that I`m thinking about it ... could it be related in any way to the live-adaptation ???
I don't think it has anything to do with the Live Action Version. If it did Dreamworks would be releasing it. It also seems like its something that has quietly been in the works for a while 8) Makes you wonder what else is going on that we haven't heard about. :shock:
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Muahahahaha, wow that looks totally awesome.

Cannot wait.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

marto_motoko wrote:Innocence in the Shell, that's what this is! :gabu:
I agree. i wonder if there will be any dialogue changes or added scenarios beside the rejuvenation.

It looks like we are more excited about this than any live-action project!
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Yoshiko Sakakibara? Sylia Stingray and the Puppetmaster with one and the same voice?

Cooool!!!

She also played Shinobu in Patlabor.
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

I wonder what the wait time will be for a US release of the DVD or the Movie itself. I would love to see this in a theater :D