Vexille: Run and rent it

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

H-street

Vexille: Run and rent it

Post by H-street »

wow just saw this show, if you love GITS and Appleseed you're almost guaranteed to love this show..

great story..
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

sweet. must be from the same folks who did first CG Appleseed...back to cell shading and boom boom satellites. Did you see the plane they leaped out of? With the separating feather wings. They must have borrowed the model. Looks cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65QYTQ6l52A
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Yeah, my friend was telling me about it.

This one came out of nowhere, but it looks phenomenal. That giant sandworm peaks my interests quite so!

mm :gabu:
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

It looks great, sounds great too, a little bit light on storyline and character development (prehaps because they were trying to make a US friendly film?).
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Elmo_Redux wrote:It looks great, sounds great too, a little bit light on storyline and character development (prehaps because they were trying to make a US friendly film?).
Are you sure about that? I just saw it, and I must say, it's story was far more superior to that of Appleseed, especially EX Machina. And while the characters were indeed rather on the underdeveloped end, the plot line was more than enticing, the movie proving to be far more creative and imaginative than Appleseed.

At least in my eyes.

(Gosh, the blasphemy I speak)

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Finally bought it and watched it the other day. It was okay.... Kind of a shocker about what happened to Japan...did;t expect that in the storyline. Some things I didn't get, like the metal worm things...a little on the strange side. The SWORD uniforms kicked ass. I didn't like the design of their power suits however.... NIcely done!!
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

this film has totally grown on me, got the dvd and watched it whole bunch of times - even if the characters are a little bit shallow, it's still got giant metal sand worms! :D
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Strange Giant Sand Worms? Sounds like the creator had been reading too much Frank Herbert to me :)

Might check it out if I can find it in the UK...
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Ah, I want to see this! I recently bought Sky Blue but haven't watched it yet either, that looks very good. Vexhille from what I've seen advertised reminded me of that, it looks pretty interesting.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Sky Blue...that's what it was....! I saw an article about several years back in (the now defunct) Newtype USA and I never heard about it again. It is any good?

Speaking of Newtype, I miss the old Japanese import versions back in the day...thay always were full of goodies like manga books, calendars, other stuff..of course this is before dvd. Anyway....
Elvenefris

Post by Elvenefris »

I've seen this movie thrice already. Some how the concepts seem to be so clearly distinct but are surprisingly quite similar. Brilliant movie.