How to get new blood

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

For the record, this is the only GiTS forum on the net correct?
Image "Fortune Favors the Brave"
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

stand-al0ne wrote:For the record, this is the only GiTS forum on the net correct?
Google search

a few.
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

I went through a few. Look pretty hollow and most posts die off in 2007-2008.

There needs to be an outreach from us to have those members consolidate and join us!! Maybe we join that forum and PM every one of them to come join. They may be feeling lonely and willing to join! Which is also nice if AI spruces up the layout of this forum.

Just a thought! :wink:
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

I sense things may be picking up around here in the near future :)
Storm

Post by Storm »

From across the gulf of cyberspace, I felt drawn to this forum. You may all rejoice in my coming, stories will be told and songs shall be sung.

Not really, I'm not that egotistical! but I'm new. You guys worry too much, how active a forum is is mainly down to the subject of the forum, and ghost in the shell unfortunately is a rather esoteric subject.
I think you'll find a new influx to people if another film or anime were to be released, and god forbid.... the live action movie! imagine the type of fans that would infect the forums in reaction to that :)
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

I'm down- bring em all :wink:

Also, start a thread - I'd love to discuss some GiTS :)
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Marto's still around. I linger. Patiently. :)

I'm still waiting for third gig to get announced. Aaaany day now. :gabu:

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Looking at the title of this thread and having watched too much True Blood recently ... I have the answer! Just make GitS into something vampire-related, and the forum will be so packed we'll wish we had the freedom of sardines. There might be a little bloodletting, I suppose :twisted:
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
stand-al0ne

Post by stand-al0ne »

Jeff Georgeson wrote:Looking at the title of this thread and having watched too much True Blood recently ... I have the answer! Just make GitS into something vampire-related, and the forum will be so packed we'll wish we had the freedom of sardines. There might be a little bloodletting, I suppose :twisted:
haha, I like it! However are vampires still as popular? I mean the Twilight series has lost some steam since the last movie and there are not as many "tweens" these days I think...

We could wait until the new Transformers hits - I mean, cyborgs...robots...this will mix up nicely 8)
Freitag

Post by Freitag »

If Motoko starts to sparkle, I'm out of here! (shudder)
People tend to look at you a little strangely when they know you stuff voodoo dolls full of Ex-Lax.
John_234

Post by John_234 »

This site is first on the google search if you type "Ghost in the Shell forum." But because of the general slow pace of releases and lack of mainstream advertising and the like, GitS seems something seasonally popular.

Of course, you guys *could* try making a GitS universe RP story offshoot forum. Those generally retain a userbase long after the popularity of the source content has faded.
"If I believe I have a ghost, I will." Is this true? That's quite a controversy.
Luke

Post by Luke »

"Marto's still around. I linger. Patiently. Smile"

You're not kidding, I remember you from my first time around here like 9/10 years ago. Think you'd not long joined not long before I left (not that I'm suggesting anything). Of course I had a different username then, alas I have been reborn into a new shell.

Pretty sure I've taken my old avatar from the gallery though. For some reason I couldn't seem to upload a new one.

Jeff, great idea about the vampire Gits cross over. Section 9 would make short work of team Edward!

Love the idea about fan fiction/art etc

mmmm now to write the next movie!
Luke

Post by Luke »

An easy way to let people know about the site would be a face book page, doesn't have to be anything fancy, just info about the site. If we get users to like it or people search ghost in the shell on FB it should bring in more people. Any of us could make a quick page, of course, not without permission though! :wink:
LordGrise

Post by LordGrise »

Well met to all! I dunno if i qualify as new blood - I apparently registered on this forum sometime in the dim past - but I honestly don't remember when. Email addy hasn't changed in twenty years, and it was still valid, so there you go.

As for how i rediscovered this place, I was referred by a current member.

I might suggest mentioning it to your crews, wherever/whatever you do for fun. I game, and I build models, and I will be telling folk like myself the stores I go to as appropriate. And my gaming group, of course.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Welcome (back) LordGrise! As you can see, this forum has some cobwebs and tumbleweeds, but a few of us like to check in on things and keep the interwebs up to date with new GitS thoughts and events. It still is chock full of good reading.

Hoping the upcoming film with generate interest.