Has anyone seen Ergo Proxy?

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

marto_motoko

Has anyone seen Ergo Proxy?

Post by marto_motoko »

I thought it was a very thought-provoking show, with interesting characters, great graphics, good music, a solid world, and some philosophy to boot which actually stood its ground as very earthy, despite the ethereal environment of the whole desolate show.

Thoughts?

marto
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

We're breathlessly waiting to watch it, but we only have the first DVD so far, so we're waiting until we can get all of it before we start watching. It sounds very cool, though!

--Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

I haven't seen the whole thing yet, but I'm liking it so far. It's a really interesting feel they've gone for with the steampunk-cyberpunk mixed setting and the focus on the individual character's psychological development. The structure of the society it's set in is interesting too, reminds me of something plato said in the republic about a state ruled by philosopher kings.

Also being able to pick out all the characters named after obscure philosophers and psychoanalysts is fun because it makes me feel smart, which is always a good thing. :)

anyone know if there's a full series DVD boxset out there? I haet buying my way through a series dvd by dvd, always not being able to find the one you need etc.