Pro or Against GiTS Live-Action Adaptation?

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

Are you for, or against the creation of a live-action Adaptation of Ghost In The Shell?

Yes! Live-action would improve GiTS immersion etc.
6%
Sure. I've been waiting for more GiTS content.
12%
Maybe. We'll see how it turns out.
41%
No. A live-Action Adaptation would only hurt GiTS's rep.
41%

Total votes: 34

Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

holdenmcclure wrote:Wait a minute, why did you even see Bloodrayne 2? Shouldn't you have already been convinced of its crappiness? Maybe just for kicks I suppose haha.
It was on cable at 4AM and I was sick so I couldn't sleep :roll:
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
holdenmcclure

Post by holdenmcclure »

I imagine you were more sick afterward haha.
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

holdenmcclure wrote:I imagine you were more sick afterward haha.
LOL thats a fact Bloodrayne in the wild west :shock: My god don't the Hollywierd people have anything else to do with their money besides make crap :x
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
holdenmcclure

Post by holdenmcclure »

Well, as long as america is still eating it then, well, supply in demand I guess. lawl
BabyHipster

Post by BabyHipster »

A live action GItS film is one of the worst ideas I have heard in ages. There is no way that it could come out as anything but trash. Then again I guess I'm preaching to the choir arn't I.
I am not the "I" that I was nor am I the "I" that I will be. Only a common past and DNA connect "I" to I. That is what I think now, tomorrow's "I" might have a different opinion.
alfonso2501

Post by alfonso2501 »

I vote no on so many levels!
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

I don't thin there's absolutely *no* way it could turn out well, it's just a slim chance. I bet if you gave it to Larry and Any Wachowski they'd make a pretty good attempt at it. They worship GiTS as it is, they'd probably rather die than make a bad live action adaptation :) They made apretty sterling job of V for Vendetta as Writers after all...
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

Yes! Having read the original graphic novel, I agree that the live adaptation of V for Vendetta was as accurate as you could get for a 2hour feature some 20 years after the original work. It's not like they had to be very creative about it though...
Oh well.
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

I just don't see that there's anything that could be brought to GitS in a live action remake that can't be done in animation, and yet there's so much that they could screw up fantastically. Hollywood needs to stop recycling ideas and start thinking up some new ones. :roll:
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

simon's ghost wrote:Yes! Having read the original graphic novel, I agree that the live adaptation of V for Vendetta was as accurate as you could get for a 2hour feature some 20 years after the original work. It's not like they had to be very creative about it though...
Is my memory faulty or isn't the ending different? I don't remember 1000 masked men walking down the streets of London in the comic book. I found the ending was actually antithetical to Moore's original message, but that's probably for a different topic eh?
holdenmcclure

Post by holdenmcclure »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:
simon's ghost wrote:Yes! Having read the original graphic novel, I agree that the live adaptation of V for Vendetta was as accurate as you could get for a 2hour feature some 20 years after the original work. It's not like they had to be very creative about it though...
Is my memory faulty or isn't the ending different? I don't remember 1000 masked men walking down the streets of London in the comic book. I found the ending was actually antithetical to Moore's original message, but that's probably for a different topic eh?
I have no idea what any of you are talking about.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Yeah, I read Moore was peeved by the adaptation. But this is Hollywood, and changes that will enrage the incumbent fans are inevitable.

This hadn't crossed my mind before, but what do you all think about Christina Ricci as Motoko? I'm not even a fan, but somehow I think she would do the Major some justice....
holdenmcclure

Post by holdenmcclure »

"Christina Ricci"
No
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

Funny... I thought I had replied to the V adaptaion thing. I know the ending mixes things. So was the case for Fight Club. but you can't expect Hollywood (and especially the FCC...ahem) to deliver a profoundly anarchist message unaltered. Weird how I thought this was so inevitable I didn't have to mention it. Thruth be told about movies, we can only hope to get a washed down version of all the subversive artwork out there.
Oh well.
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

I hated what they did with the ending of V, it's not a bad ending per se and it works. But switching out an anarchist ending for a yay democracy and solidarity one was just wrong - i don't like seeing the central message of anybody's work changed so fundamentally like that.

wasn't too impressed with from hell either. Makes me worry for the watchmen film tbh.