Upcoming Films

Everything else you want to talk about!

Moderator: sonic

Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

You know, I haven't seen Watchmen yet--it's just been too long since the graphic novel, and I've been disappointed too many times by GN-to-film adaptations. But I hear it's very good :o

The last film I saw in a theatre was the Chun-Li movie. :shock: It was much better than you might think, actually.

The original Day the Earth Stood Still (1951) was perfect. They really didn't need to change it.

--Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Im looking forward to seeing what they do with Dead at 17 when they make it into a live action movie.

I'm not sure what to make of Vanessa Hudgens playing the lead but she does have a look about her that might fit

For those of you that dont know the work
http://www.vipercomics.com/features_dead.asp
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Jeff, Watchmen is such a good movie...excellent acting, music, mood.... It is hands-down the best graphic novel adapted movie ever...better than 300 (and i love 300!), V for Vendetta, Sin City, Dark Knight. It is a gorgeous film.

Epiphany...I didn't know they were going to make Dead @ 17 a movie...the comic was okay...anime/Dini styled art. I'm sure Twilight's success is having studios scramble for material....
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Dead at 17 is actually looking pretty good to me. Hopefully they can pull it of. I think it will convert to live action in a good way. Hopefully they can get a desent budget for it. Its one of the few things I've heard might be coming that I find myself really interested in

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/30474/ ... -17-script
The Hokie Pokie "IS" what it's all About.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Will NOT be seeing DragonBall movie..no.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

Star Trek...okay, this looks totally bad ass!
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

James Cameron's AVATAR!!! I will not be held back from seeing this!! In glorious 3D!
I just saw A Chistmas Carol the other night in 3D (my first) and I am extremely encouraged by this. So bring on GitS in 3D!!
But for now, I am very much looking forward to see Avatar, not to be confused with The last Airbender (which looks pretty cool on its own). Avatar stars the guy who played in Terminator Salvation...which i thought kicked ass.