Age of the characters

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

-Ghost-

Age of the characters

Post by -Ghost- »

I do not know if this thread was there already. But i wanted to know how old the Characters maybe are. Personally i think Motoko is bout 30 or something and batou bout 40?

Can anyone give me some numbers?
Epiphany

Re: Age of the characters

Post by Epiphany »

-Ghost- wrote:I do not know if this thread was there already. But i wanted to know how old the Characters maybe are. Personally i think Motoko is bout 30 or something and batou bout 40?

Can anyone give me some numbers?
I know that there is another character that has full prostetics in the series and she is 60 plus. I don't think Motoko is that old but I think she is older than Batou. Batou is basically the same age as the majority of section 9 team members. Since most of them were all in the military together. :? Know idea how long ago that was
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

well, thank you for that.
sure, if all actors are cyborg you can´t tell what age they are...

they were at the army. maybe after the war.. wasn´t this round 2000?
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

I think Motoko is either in her mid forties, or in her late twenties. But I can't see her as being in her thirties.

Togusa's in his late twenties in SAC, same in the first movie, in SSS he's probably in his thirties, and in Innocence, he seemed a lot older, which makes no sense.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

well, how old was Kuze, had it been stated?

//Spoiler//since he and motoko were childhod acquaintances//Spoiler//
FainaruFantaji

Post by FainaruFantaji »

I`ve red in one site dedicated to Ghost in the Shell series that Motoko was 35 in GITS S.A.C.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

I always feel like Motoko was born in the early 90s or earlier. I don't know why, lol. In SAC she would have had to have been a little girl when cyborgisation was possible, since that is what they did to her. But I don't know if they give a date from when full cyborg technology was possible or not. So in some ways, it would depend on when you think a believable date for that would be. In the Oshii films and Shirow manga, as far as I know no such information is given about her being turned into a cyborg as a little girl due to being injured, so that would be irrelevant. I say movie Motoko is at least in her 30s (or looks like she is), but she could be a lot older depending. Even she isn't entirely sure if her history is real or not anymore, so who knows? From the way she acts and thinks, it may be that she's only been in that body for a couple of years though. In a new version of GitS, it might be interesting to explore her reactions to her new body over the first years in detail (and have the first few years be in adulthood, of course).

Batou... couldn't say. Though I keep picturing him as a Vietnam War vet due to all the jungle warfare stuff :wink: ... He is probably in his 30s too though- he feels like a comtempory of Motoko's, age-wise. Maybe they are both much older than the rest of the group (minus Aramaki)? That'd be a neat twist.
Chesire Cat

Post by Chesire Cat »

Well I haven't seen any conclusive proof that she is of any specific age. The general age range is said to be late twenties to mid thirties. From how she is portrayed throughout the series, and even the movies at least, I'd say it's a fairly accurate estimation.