Read Or Die

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

H-street

Post by H-street »

wow just picked up the TV series (upto disk 3) and i love the tie into the OVA.. great job.. can't believe i waited this long to see it..

only thing i don't like is a little too much fan-service (but not as bad as My Hime, akk)..
H-street

Post by H-street »

well finished the series last night (love netflix)..

Some spoilers below if you haven't seen the series yet..

The series was great... until.... you meet up with Yomiko and Nancy..

wow could they have made yomiko and nancy any more weak?

after all the OVA was right there for reference and pacing for those 2.

Yomiko's british accent was way over done (english dub) and nancy just had a bit of a whiney voice..

the 3 sisters on the other hand were very well done. Strong characters, good dialogue, and a great story.. All those slow, talking filled earlier episodes actually came full circle at end to give the series real depth..

I guess i wasn't expecting yomiko to show up until the end.. sortof the 4 of them (Anita, Michelle, Maggy, Nenene) get put into the middle of this, only to "suprise" here is yomiko at the end to sortof help out (and then the grand reunion).. they definately could have made it into a huge build up until then end.. Instead they sortof weakened her character (at the expense of the 3 sisters being the heroine)..

all in all i loved the series, except for the inapprpriate rated episode on Disk 3 (from out of no-where mind you Akk!).. Skip that episode (or at least the bad part) and was a great series.. NOt as good as Full Metal Alchemist (FMA and GITS are still tops in my book) but definately a great story to follow with a great ending and some good action.

now i have to go watch the ova to get my respect back for yomiko (why didn't they just get the same person on the OVA to dub the TV?)..

and your trivia for the day..

What early lucasarts video game (and his character) used the same voice over actor as Drake in the R.O.D. TV english dub? (shows my age in that i actually recognized his voice from the beginning)..
holdenmcclure

Post by holdenmcclure »

lol I thought your thread title was referring to itself. Naturally I didn't want to do lol.