Ghost in the Shell box cover

Discussions about the first film (Ghost in the Shell) and the second (Innocence)

Moderator: sonic

Míxtil

Ghost in the Shell box cover

Post by Míxtil »

I got my 2 film box set today
(http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=pri& ... tle=861155), and watched the first film. One thing struck me though, the box was different from one i'd ever seen. instead of the normal cover (seen on the box in the link) it had a image, probably from the manga, of a smiling motoko wearing blue clothes with a handgun and lots of wires. Can't scan it in, but if I see the same image, i'll link.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Thats good that you have the film box set, I hope you have fun watching Innocence and if possible could you give a brief summary of what you thought of the English SAC performance in Innocence, since all I have in America is the Japanese language with subtitles.
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

Oh, we have a different dub, don't we.

Well, Crispin Freeman was as great as always, the bloke who does Batou was a bit sterner it seemed. Arimaki and Ishkawa seemd a bit weaker, but not greatly so. All in all, great dub.

*spoiler*
The major's was very good, distorted a bit, but that makes sense.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

O how I envy you! If this dub does not make its way to region 1 i'm going to have to buy a region free DVD player.
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

I got one for £20 (maybe $32-35 US).
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

(Spoiler Tag made by moderator)

SPOILER

How is Mary McGlynn's voice as the voice of Motoko Kusanagi in a gynoid
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

Motoko2030 wrote:How is Mary McGlynn's voice as the voice of Motoko Kusanagi in a gynoid
Leik, shoosh, that's a spoiler.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Míxtil wrote:
Motoko2030 wrote:How is Mary McGlynn's voice as the voice of Motoko Kusanagi in a gynoid

Leik, how? Shame on anyone here who hasn't seen Innocence already, its been out for 2 years now. But if it bothers you, then go ahead a spoiler warn it.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Sorry if I spoiled part of the movie for people who haven't seen Innocence yet, I just wanted to know how Mary McGlynn's voice is in this film.
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

It's very good. Distorted, which is actually very good.
Though I said the same thing somewhere else.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Black Mamba wrote:
Míxtil wrote:

Leik, how? Shame on anyone here who hasn't seen Innocence already, its been out for 2 years now. But if it bothers you, then go ahead a spoiler warn it.
I haven't seen any of second gig and most of the first season of GitS so half the stuff in the Stand Alone Complex section is spoileriffic for me. Also people who are just getting into GitS come here to get information, so I personally think spoilers and spoiler tags should be put in most places. Especially in something as big as that.

Anyhow back to the topic at hand, I'm glad they got Crispin Freeman back. I've always been a bit on the fence about his Togusa, but it's sort of growing on me.
davidtobin100

Post by davidtobin100 »

Actually (and not being a smart-@ss) but Innocence has been out on DVD a week in Europe, and it had a practically non-existant cinema release. It is a spoiler.
Míxtil

Post by Míxtil »

It did have a cinema relase, but by that I mean 1 week at the barbican and a few days at other arthouse places.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

I just ordered that DVD today, and quite frankly, I cannot wait to get my hands on it!
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Thats good Marto, the Innocence DVD released in Britain uses the PAL video format and region 2 encoding, the PAL video format is not compatible with the NTSC format, do the all region DVD players convert the PAL format into the NTSC format?