Adult Swim begins airing unreleased 2nd Gig episodes tonight

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

cowboyfunk22

Adult Swim begins airing unreleased 2nd Gig episodes tonight

Post by cowboyfunk22 »

For all people who have been following GITS: SAC 2nd gig through the dvds, Adult swim will begin airing unreleased episodes tonight. So if you don't want to wait until March 24 to see the episodes after SELECON (like me) make sure to tune in to Cartoon Network Saturday at 12:30 am. Technically its Sunday morning, but i think you guys get my drift.

The cartoon network schedule should release the rest of season before the episodes make it to DVD. I had a feeling that this was gonna happen soon, and thankfully thought of looking.

The interesting question to ask is wether you like watching new episodes of the show on TV or DVD. I personally think that much like a movie is fundamentally changed when it is viewed on TV or DVD, so is a TV show changed when it is viewed on DVD.

First off seeing four episodes at a time ruins the pacing. There is no suspense between the episodes on the disk. In much the same way the show looses the suspense often created when there is a commercial break.

I also always loved the context of seeing the shows on adult swim. I remember watching Cowboy Bebop when they aired two episodes a week on Sundays and Thursdays (I still have um on casette with the oldschool pool bumps). I love making it an event i can look forward to every week. Anyone else feel the same way?
ghost

Re: Adult Swim begins airing unreleased 2nd Gig episodes ton

Post by ghost »

[/quote]I also always loved the context of seeing the shows on adult swim. I remember watching Cowboy Bebop when they aired two episodes a week on Sundays and Thursdays (I still have um on casette with the oldschool pool bumps). I love making it an event i can look forward to every week. Anyone else feel the same way?[/quote]

I know what you mean, the suspence in watching the episodes on tv is great. But I still buy the DVD, if it's avalible befor the episodes on "adalt swim". :)
base of the pillar

Post by base of the pillar »

Most definitely.
"And if we spirits have offended think but this and all is mended. That you have but slumbered heree while these visions did appear."--A Midsummer Night's Dream

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I thought, at first, this was about Adult Swim airing an episode never seen in Japan or something.

Having found a store in the mall that has an amazing stock of anime, I usually will buy the newest DVD when the put it on sale for about 15.00. I bought volume 2 for about $25, and when I went to buy volume 3 (a while after its realse) both volume 2 and 3 where on sale for $15! So I'm going to make fequent trips to the mall starting on March 24 so see when they put the DVDs on sale.

Now that I've said that, heres how I deel with the DVD vs. TV thing. Despite owning the DVD, I will never watch an episode until I've watched it on TV. Thats just how I am, sort of keeping a tradition for me. I'm not sure why I do it. I will only rewatch the episodes on DVD, which I don't have a problem with because thats the magic of SaC. No matter how many times I've seen an episode, theres still something I missed and new things to learn.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

sorry about the double post but I wanted to bump the topic so it showed new posts

Spoilers**

I watch this episode last night and was pretty surprised how much their going into the characters we knew little about. However at the end Batuo and Motoko discuss on whether or not the real Pazu is the one who survived, Batuo saying "I'm pretty sure [the real Pazu survived]". I find it very strange how they could take it so lightly.
cowboyfunk22

Post by cowboyfunk22 »

Sorry, i made a mistake. Vol 4 of SAC 2nd Gig comes out March 21st

Spoilers***

About the episode, i was kinda mystified by how randomly it seemed that Pazu just got thrown into it. The episode seemed to be hot on the trail of Kuze, and then bam, Pazu is shown murdering someone. That said, i rather liked getting a piece of who he is and his back story. Im certainly more interested in his character now.

Batou and Kusanagi's conversation: I think that they knew that the real one survived, either through the fact that the Pazu they knew would never lose in such a fight or some other evidence. It seemed like Batou was playing it off lightly after an intense few days. I thought it was kinda funny, but not as reasurring as i hoped. I could be wrong though.
ghost

Post by ghost »

Ya, I was going to say, I just bot vol. 3!

spoilers

I'm not sure that the real pazue won the fight, If you look at the chest of the one(pazue body) laying on the ground, it has a cut across it's chest. Juct like the one the real pazue got at the begining of th fight.

I might be reading to much into this, but it seems to me that the real pazue is dead!! :?:
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I also thought that Batou and Motoko took the death of which Pazu lost too lightly, I am sure that the real Pazu won the fight, there is no way that he could lose, one way to find out if the real one won is to hear Pazu voice in a later episode, since the fake one had a female's voice.

I liked how we got an insight into Pazu's past, and that Motoko was the one who went to recruit him and Motoko even repeated Pazu's famous line to Batou.
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

************** SPOILER *************

It's true that they seem to take it lightly, but we know (by the rest of the season) that it must be the real Pazu.

It's also nice to know his background. In a similar kind of episode, I liked the one about Saïto's past better (in Poker Face, one of my favorite episode :D ), but it sucks that they never did that for the other team members (Borma and especially Ishikawa) :evil:

Now that I'm thinking about it, they never really did that for Togusa either. Even though we know him well, we don't really know how he got recruited by the Major :?: Is there anything about that in the manga ???
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

miki-chan

Post by miki-chan »

I usually wait until the DVD to see new episodes, but I went ahead and watched this one. No Tachikomatic Days at the end???? :cry:
Very weird episode really, in that it supposedly focuses on Pazu but we really don't know much more about what's going on in that guy's head at the end of the show than we did at the beginning.
Other than that he's got The Worst. Pickup Line. Ever. (Batou's reaction to the WPLE is great. "Oh, brother!")
And I agree that they do seem to gloss over how they knew the real Pazu won (did they link with him?). The "woman scorned" unveiling herself was pretty cool though. I'm still confused whether she was supposed to be the bar's owner, or someone else?
"Smoke and idiots love high places."--Batou
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

miki-chan wrote:I'm still confused whether she was supposed to be the bar's owner, or someone else?

She killed the original bar's owner and stole her identity, after noticing, that Paz spent long times in that bar. It was the original owner's braincase, that she dumped in a trashbag during that episode.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Lightice wrote:
miki-chan wrote:I'm still confused whether she was supposed to be the bar's owner, or someone else?

She killed the original bar's owner and stole her identity, after noticing, that Paz spent long times in that bar. It was the original owner's braincase, that she dumped in a trashbag during that episode.

??? I'm surprised. I thought it really was his ex-girlfriend. I maybe should watch it again :wink:
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

base of the pillar

Post by base of the pillar »

Yes it was his ex-girlfriend who took over the bar owners mind.
"And if we spirits have offended think but this and all is mended. That you have but slumbered heree while these visions did appear."--A Midsummer Night's Dream

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
miki-chan

Post by miki-chan »

(goes and watches episode again) Oh yeah, now I remember. :oops:
"Smoke and idiots love high places."--Batou
ghost

Post by ghost »

THYREN wrote:************** SPOILER *************

Now that I'm thinking about it, they never really did that for Togusa either. Even though we know him well, we don't really know how he got recruited by the Major :?: Is there anything about that in the manga ???
I take it you haven't seen the movie, in the movie Togusa and the major disscus that vary subject, but I wont spoil it for you, just in case you hvent seen the movie. Watch it, :) it's great