2nd GIG Episode 26 (Spoilers!)

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Slipstream

Post by Slipstream »

Lightice wrote:
(he said a whole lot )
:)
Well, we're going to have to agree to disagree because there is no evidence either way and we are talking about opinions on how we interpret what people say. I can see your reasoning on the Neurochip but will keep my point that the Tachikomas are the most advanced AIs in regards to "people skills"

Also, I recall reading a blurb by Shirow that said that adroids bleed white in this setting and its strictly for legal reasons...

As for ghost moving, I imagine you are correct, the setting serves the story, not the other way around and the Japanese are known to mess with thier dogma to serve a story.

I will ammend my point in GITS d20 about Neurochips and that all modern robots have variations of them...but continue the point that Tachikomas are still unique in their type and that no other AIs in the setting have developed that level of individually and free will.
Creator, Ghost in the Shell D20 RPG
www.serenadawn.com
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Slipstream wrote: I can see your reasoning on the Neurochip but will keep my point that the Tachikomas are the most advanced AIs in regards to "people skills"

Well, I agree with you, there. We're disagreeing with the reasons behind it, not the fact, itself.
Also, I recall reading a blurb by Shirow that said that adroids bleed white in this setting and its strictly for legal reasons...

That might be the case, for the fictional explanation, but the reason why the show's creators decided it to be this way was to make the story more approachable. If androids or bioroids would bleed red, it'd require verbal explanation to inform the audience of their real nature, whereas the white blood makes it immediately obvious, that they aren't humans.
but continue the point that Tachikomas are still unique in their type and that no other AIs in the setting have developed that level of individually and free will.

Like said before, I agree with you, there. I, however, do believe that it doesn't stay that way forever, or even very long in a world, where the technology is as developed as we see in the series. Sooner or later a sentient AI is born, that is capable of intelligent reproduction. Shirow himself implies to this in the Man-Machine Interface, although I disagree with him in the obvious assumption, that this artifical mind would be a result of a deliberate act. I believe that spontaneous birth of intelligence is far more likely, considering, that because of our subjective standing we are utterly unable to define the aspects, which give us consiousness, in the first place. And unless you believe in Intelligent Design, we didn't need that sort of assistance, either.
And even if you do, nothing forbids the assumed Designer from repeating It's work, either.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
alphonse

Re: 2nd GIG Episode 26 (Spoilers!)

Post by alphonse »

MiNaeClem wrote:
So, for starters you all know that the guy who was accompanying Gouda was the CIA Agent from the 1st season ep 10 Jungle Cruise. Putting that aside, I wanna talk about Kuze. We all see him dying right? Maybe not! It fades to white... Let's remember the scene where motoko looks at Kuze's apple, it' bitten and Kuze has an empty looking face. Soon after while he was dying he says "I'll go first". Well can't we say maybe Kuze already uploaded (or was in process) himself to the Net? Where did he meant he was going? The vast Net? Well we can't be sure ofcourse but we can speculate.
Thank you for this info. I have been trying very hard to remember who that guy is.

I'm still confused though, why does Motoko jump from the window after she saw that person? Is she trying to safe Kuze????
Lightice

Re: 2nd GIG Episode 26 (Spoilers!)

Post by Lightice »

alphonse wrote: I'm still confused though, why does Motoko jump from the window after she saw that person? Is she trying to safe Kuze????

Propably, since Aramaki says: "We mustn't allow them to kill him!"
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Jigabachi

Post by Jigabachi »

Anyone know why Gouda tried to defect to American Empire?
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

Probably because they offered to pay him well and give what he needs for the use of his skills?
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
Jigabachi

Post by Jigabachi »

MiNaeClem wrote:Probably because they offered to pay him well and give what he needs for the use of his skills?
Is that a question?
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

I think that it was mostly because Gouda was refused a place in the highest echelons of society he taught he deserved for his hard work in Japan, so he'd go to Empire that had promised him such place. He'd certainly would have been right at home in the CIA...
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!