2nd GIG Episode 26 (Spoilers!)

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

MiNaeClem

2nd GIG Episode 26 (Spoilers!)

Post by MiNaeClem »

I just finished watching 2nd Gig and the last episode was very nice imo.There was a topic like this in the old forums but I never read it. Sorry if I'm repeating but here is a new one.

So, for starters you all know that the guy who was accompanying Gouda was the CIA Agent from the 1st season ep 10 Jungle Cruise. Putting that aside, I wanna talk about Kuze. We all see him dying right? Maybe not! It fades to white... Let's remember the scene where motoko looks at Kuze's apple, it' bitten and Kuze has an empty looking face. Soon after while he was dying he says "I'll go first". Well can't we say maybe Kuze already uploaded (or was in process) himself to the Net? Where did he meant he was going? The vast Net? Well we can't be sure ofcourse but we can speculate.

Now, here's a big one. It's not quite possible nor likely but I just theorized this and it would be cool if this was true. Here it is: Let's assume that Kuze uploaded himself to the Net. Maybe he was succesful and maybe he was half succesful. Maybe America or accordingly Section 6 discovered it. Then they capture and use Kuze as a test subject or manipulate him into an AI or just use him as an example to create a massive AI. The series last scene is sama as the start of the manga, even some of the conversation. If we connect them can't we relate the Puppetmaster to Kuze? The puppetmaster feels close to Motoko right? So the Puppetmaster can be Kuze in a way. Yeah I know this sounds very herpes. I don't even think Kenji Kamayama thought of this like this way. But when I think about this it seems very cool.

What do you guys think?
base of the pillar

Post by base of the pillar »

I haven't seen all of 2nd Gig, but I'm relatively sure that both the movie and SAC happen in different worlds. Its sort of like the Gundam series but it has the same characters.
"And if we spirits have offended think but this and all is mended. That you have but slumbered heree while these visions did appear."--A Midsummer Night's Dream

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Indeed, the Stand Alone Complex takes place in it's own universe, without the Puppet Master - the show's creators were very direct about it, in the interviews and the storyline. You might notice, that it's the year 2030, when the movie and the manga take place in 2029, but the characters are younger than they are in the movie.

You can also see several scenes in the 2nd Gig, that are almost directly copied from the original manga, but their chronology and connection to the story is entirely different - there would be a whole bunch of odd déja vus and dead people come back to life, if the Section 9 would live the happenings of the manga, or even the movie, after the series.

Also, most importantly, the Puppet Master is, according to it's own words, not an AI or imprinted human consiousness, but "a lifeform born from the sea of information". This is very central to the theme of it's very being.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!

Post by Guest »

I know SAC is alternative and not related to the movie even the year. However the scene was definetely the same and I just thought it would be cool "if" it was like this. But I know it's not.
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

Sorry, the guest was me... :oops:
base of the pillar

Post by base of the pillar »

Sorry I didn't mean to seem rude I just wanted to let you know.
"And if we spirits have offended think but this and all is mended. That you have but slumbered heree while these visions did appear."--A Midsummer Night's Dream

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
Jigabachi

Post by Jigabachi »

Even though both series does not happen in same universe, that is a damn good theory.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Since here's already a thread for this episode, I don't bother to make a new one, although I'm going off-topic, here.

I just noticed, while watching this episode, that just before the Tachikoma's sacrifice themselves, again, to save everybody, one of them copies a file in the Net. You can even see, what it says: "Tachikoma's all memory" - basically, they're doing to themselves what Major intended to do with the refugees. It seems, that they're intending to cheat death, yet again.

Wasn't there going to be a 3rd Gig, or possibly a new movie, or an OVA? I have a feeling, that we're going to see them possess those Fuchikoma-bodies...I wonder if they're going to sacrifice themselves, once more? An old saying in my country goes: "third time tells it true"... :D
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

Well there's no mention of a 3rg Gig yet. There'll be an Individual DVD but it will be just like the Laughing Man OVA. There's onlt a sentence used by Kenji Kamayama. He says that we might see SAC 3rd gig soon but not neccecerily as a series. And that quote grew old. What you say seems possible though. Fuchikomas already have an advanced AI so it might be possible or maybe not, who knows... 3rd GIG is up to the sales of the DVDs in America I guess.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

MiNaeClem wrote:Well there's no mention of a 3rg Gig yet. There'll be an Individual DVD but it will be just like the Laughing Man OVA. There's onlt a sentence used by Kenji Kamayama. He says that we might see SAC 3rd gig soon but not neccecerily as a series.

I think that just before this forum went down, there was discussion that indicated, that a new GitS project was just going underway, but it wasn't certain if it was going to be an OVA or TV-series. It wasn't the Laughing Man-OVA, though - that had already come out in Japan, at that time.
Fuchikomas already have an advanced AI so it might be possible or maybe not, who knows... 3rd GIG is up to the sales of the DVDs in America I guess.

At least the scriptwriters left themselves an easy loophole to use. People might get bored at Tachikoma's bouncing back to life, all the time, though. Well, we'll have to wait and see...
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

For people who doesn't know, I'm sure you'd like to check this page out. http://www.takotech.net/mshp/ There's also mentioned the info I talked about. Best gits news site I've seen in English.
Gillsing

Post by Gillsing »

Yeah, I even have a link to it in my sig. :D

Interesting theories. I did consider that Kuze may have uploaded himself, but I didn't quite go so far as to consider the possibility that he turns out to be the Puppeteer. Very cool way to use the cherry blossom scene though, and while SAC may not ever have a Puppeteer, it may yet be possible that someone/something like the Puppeteer could turn up.

And while I never noticed the Tachikoma uploading their memories, I thought that they contained little chips that used to contain their ghosts and memories, so unless both the satellite and their physical bodies are killed, wouldn't it be possible to bring them back by using those chips as backups? The ending suggests that this for some reason wasn't possible, so perhaps their individual hardware never did contain their AIs? It just seems like a waste to not have used it for backups if it was at all possible.

And I didn't recognise the CIA agent, so thanks for pointing him out. Sneaky spy, easily forgotten. ;)
Recommended cyberpunk:
ImageImage
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

Yes Kenji Kamiyama told the people at some awards ceremony that the team is working on a third SAC, but they are not sure of what form it is going to take.
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

Gillsing wrote:
And while I never noticed the Tachikoma uploading their memories, I thought that they contained little chips that used to contain their ghosts and memories, so unless both the satellite and their physical bodies are killed, wouldn't it be possible to bring them back by using those chips as backups?

They don't contain those chips, anymore, in the 2nd Gig. In one episode one Tachi actually opens another's head and to his shock sees, that his comrade is, in fact, brainless, and that this applies to them all. This is because those chips, that contain their memories and personalities now reside on the satellite and the physical units only contain what in case of humans would be the central nervous system.
The ending suggests that this for some reason wasn't possible, so perhaps their individual hardware never did contain their AIs? It just seems like a waste to not have used it for backups if it was at all possible.

The point was, that no-one knew, that the Tachi's had done the backup, because they were disobeying Major's commands. See the scene in the last episode (the fansubbed one, ofcourse, until the offical translation gets in the stores), where the Tachi's sing while guiding their satellite off the orbit and read the mirrored text in the file that one of them desposits in the last minute before the impact.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
csulu

Post by csulu »

Did gouda transfer the virus(that made the refuges act crazy) to the refuges trough kuze's cyberbrain ?
Like the refuges acted just like gouda wanted and they where all connected to kuze in a way , some had cyberbrains and the rest was conviced by kuze.
But then somhow kuze realized that he was used in a way , and even more after the major got to him , but then he could not stop the refuges.
Is this the case , or what do you think?

And btw what is a bioroid?
"Here at section 9 we are good at both inteligence and knocking heads"