Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children US release

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Last year I found all my Ff 7 figures and put them out. They look cool, though the new Sephiroth looks so diff from the little old one I had to put them on sep. shelves.
Lucky! I only have the Japanese version Aeris and Barett ones (and the Barett smells of sick because I bought him used and the person must have done something weird to him). I was trying to just get my favourites, so I still need to get Red and Tifa too... Oh, I really hope they go back and make an Advent Children Aeris! It's not fair. She's so pretty. The Tifa figure is all on it's own,here... By the way, don't you think she looks a lot like Rinoa now? The armband certainly lends to that, but still that figure is incredibly like her.

Edea's story was great. Haunting and bittersweet too... Play it to the end! She makes up one half of one of my fave FF couples...
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Try wrapping your Barret in a dryer static cloth, like bounce. Or try soaking him down with fabreaze and putting him somewhere to air out for a bit. That worked on a plastic lunch box i let something get rotten in once.

Yeh, I can see the resemblince, I actually thought that maybe 8 was a continuance of 7 when it first came out. I didn't know the ff pattern yet.

Did you try on ebay for the figures? Keep looking, I can find most everything on there eventually, though I cant allways afford it...

They were using the ff7 figures on Robot Chicken last night. They worked at a burger joint, and Sephiroth was thier evil manager!

I wish they would make a nice big Red xIII!
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

I don't know Robot Chicken...

I found a Red on eBay on several occassions, but it seems that everyone wants him. He is pricey. And Tifa appears more regularly, but never when I have Final Fantasy money to hand (that's when I have money left over that I don't need to spend on other collections, which is increasingly "never" thanks to collecting one of the most over-merchandised characters on the planet (and then getting into collecting all of her "company sisters" too... Argh, you Capcom Gals have more merchandise than fits into my house, but I still love you and desperately want to keep collecting you... "Whaddaya mean I'm still missing 20 posters? I already have more posters of you guys than there is wallspace! There is a Cammy what? That's ridiculous, I don't even know what that is! Oh, but I want it!" Yeah :roll: )...

I got that Barett for Christmas, but he smelled so foul when I took him out of his packaging that I quickly shoved him into a platic bag and decided to leave him there until I was brave enough to deal with it again. Er, and so far I haven't been brave enough yet. Can't tell if it's vomit or just a really baaad sort of curry smell... You know you've been bad though when you open the package Santa left for you and the first thing that hits you is the extreme whiffyness like that. Ho ho ho, Merry Christmas- bleurgh. :?

...Febreeze, huh? Maybe I'll try it. If my stomach does not churn too much when I take him out again. Things steeped in cigarette smoke (i.e. posters, figures) are not pleasant either, but I can handle that better because it goes away if you hang them out to air for 3 months (preferably near a vanilla-scented candle). But sick? It's just another level of disgusting. I really hope that someone wasn't sick on him, and it's just that he reeks of their stinky flat/apartment...
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

Ooooo that bad huh, well maybe try rubber glove and a closepin on your nose, and use a disposible tupperware thing, and soak the stinky boy. Take him appart too, so nothing can get in the cracks. Mine all came apart really easy, too easy actually, kinda annoying.

Yeh I hate finding more stuff I want. I get the stink eye from my husband already for having too many figures/ stuffed animals/books.

I try to convince him that having a stuffed animal addiction is much better than most addictions.... doesnt work though. (Oh for the luxury of a maid! Yeh right!)

I did get cute little shadowbox shelves for a bunch of our figures, and that looks nice.
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama