Final Fantasy VII - Advent Children US release

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

I was surprised at how decent the dubing here actually was. Now that I don't have to read subs, I can see more of what is happening. Now if only I didn't have to blink....
Has anyone checked out the 25 minute Final Fantasy VII anime called Last Order, if you have, how is it?
I did. I was a bit disapointed with it not being on the R1 DVD.

I liked it. It tells the story of what happens before FFVII (with Cloud and Zack's ordeal).
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

After playing 10 hours of 7 I'm really glad to see that Quinton Flynn is playing Reno. For some reason I really like his character and Flynn is a great voice actor (Raiden in MGS2 and Axel in KH2)

I'm trying to get through 7 with all the optional characters so Advent Children will make sense. :)

Wish me luck. :)
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Post by Tonks_kittygoth »

You dont need to get all the way through if you want you can just watch it. I never finished it, life or something got in the way...
"Life is as dear to a mute creature as it is to man.
Just as one wants happiness and fears pain, just as
one wants to live and not die, so do other
creatures." - His Holiness The Dalai Lama
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Tonks_kittygoth wrote:You dont need to get all the way through if you want you can just watch it. I never finished it, life or something got in the way...
Nah it's cool. FFVII is awesome to play. I'm actually really enjoying the game right now. I also do NOT want spoilers for the game. So there you go. (Even though I do know one BIG spoiler about a certain flower girl, I don't let that one get to me).
Tonks_kittygoth
Location: The dark dark woods where the kitten monsters live....or happy la la land, my summer home.

Oh yeh, it is, in fact im thinking of bringing my old ps to work and finishing it and maybe hunting up 8.

I just thought you were thinking it wouldnt make sense. Then again if your not up to that particular spoiler, it would be a bit confusing.

Red 8 and Vincent are my favorites! It was good to see them all cgi'ed! :D
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Tonks_kittygoth wrote:Oh yeh, it is, in fact im thinking of bringing my old ps to work and finishing it and maybe hunting up 8.

I just thought you were thinking it wouldnt make sense. Then again if your not up to that particular spoiler, it would be a bit confusing.

Red 8 and Vincent are my favorites! It was good to see them all cgi'ed! :D
In my game I couldn't stand to see Red 13 called that so I called him Rex. I know it's silly but I had to do it. :)
Tonks_kittygoth

oops red 13 see I called him Kzin from the Larry Nivin books... So I forget his real name too!

Rex is good too! I call my oldest kitty Karloffinous Rex to make him happy.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

After playing 10 hours of 7 I'm really glad to see that Quinton Flynn is playing Reno. For some reason I really like his character and Flynn is a great voice actor (Raiden in MGS2 and Axel in KH2)
Yeah, everyone likes Reno. And the Turks. That's probably why they gave Reno such a big role in the film.

So... what was bad about Red XIII's name? Just curious :) Red's story will make you cry, by the way. That's not a real spoiler, so relax!
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

Sylphisonic wrote:So... what was bad about Red Xiii's name?
could of been worse, they could have called him 'Red Wii'

...woot for cheap satire :P
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Sylphisonic wrote:
Yeah, everyone likes Reno. And the Turks. That's probably why they gave Reno such a big role in the film.

So... what was bad about Red XIII's name? Just curious :) Red's story will make you cry, by the way. That's not a real spoiler, so relax!
He said he didn't care what you named him, and it didn't seem nice to leave him with the name Hojo gave him. So I changed it. :)
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Awwwww
Tonks_kittygoth

No reason, its a fine name, I just wanted something more personal for him, and I had just read those books, and named a kitten Kzin.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Jeff called his Red XIII "RedCat". I was boring and kept "Red XIII". But for some reason, I renamed Vincent Valentine "Raoul" (I think it was because of the Phantom of the Opera; I went to see it in the West End earlier that year and fell in love with it). However, Jeff thought it was strange because it made him sound Hispanic or something... I didn't even know it was a common name. :roll:

I don't know if I should tell everyone this story or not, but when I was playing FFIX it was during the time when Jeff and I were still talking to each other and writing to each other without having actually met in person. And being a ridiculously mushy, love-sick sad case at the time, I named the lead characters Jeffius and Sylphius. Yeah, I'll never live it down, that single period of time when I had a complete change of personality and actually became soppy and romantic. But anyway, I forgot about it and left the game to gather dust for a couple of years as life got in the way. I brought my games back to the US two years later, and decided to pick up where I left off. Which was kind of embarassing, as Jeff and I saw it and he was like, " :shock: Huh? Sylphius and Jeffius???" and I was like, "Ohhh... Yeah... Um... Yeah, I forgot about that. :oops: " Well, that's the story, and actually it wasn't that good or funny was it? I'll try harder next time :wink:
Last edited by sonic on Wed May 17, 2006 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Oh yeh, it is, in fact im thinking of bringing my old ps to work and finishing it and maybe hunting up 8.
Don't have VIII? Awww, that one is my favourite. But your avatar is Sorceress Edea from FF8? I love that story... I was always hoping that Square's Final Fantasy film was going to be a fully CG retelling of FF8 somehow... Which is a bit unrealistic, but that's how badly I wanted to see Squall, Rinoa and the gang and their world back. Now FF8 makes me chuckle because of course you could argue that Garden is a magic school and that the main characters are students at it, and of course the most famous thing like that now is Harry Potter (Harry and Squall, what a silly crossover idea)... I kind of think I'd rather be a student in Garden, of the two. FF8-world is beautiful.
Tonks_kittygoth

Aww what a nice story!

I do have 8 somewhere, I just didnt get to play it much for the same reason I didnt finish 7.... stupid X boyfreind troubles getting in the way of my gameplay....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

I know my icon is from there and am slightly embarased not to know her full story, but she looks cool and sounds cool!

(yes i googled her)

Last year I found all my Ff 7 figures and put them out. They look cool, though the new Sephiroth looks so diff from the little old one I had to put them on sep. shelves.