Favourite SAC track?

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Individual Twelve
Location: British Summer Time, where everyone gets an hour less sleep.

Favourite SAC track?

Post by Individual Twelve »

Sooo, what's your favourite SAC track?

Personally, I like them all in their own right- but Fish - Silent Cruise has to be one of the best/is the first one which springs to mind. It has a power to it that none of the other songs seem to have.
[BFCP] [LMFC] [BID] [TA] [TOSFU] [AFC] [DDT] [ATC]
H-street

Post by H-street »

i love GITS sound tracks

my top 3..

1. Where does this Ocean Go - OST1
2. born Stubborn - Solid State Society
3. FAX me - be Human

only anime sound tracks that come close to GITS is probably the cowboy bebop tracks..
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Some Other Time (OST)

There's something hauntingly beautiful in that song that never seems to wane no matter how many time I listen to it. Most of the lyrics are in Japanese (I think??) save for the one line ('Some other time'), but frankly I don't care because the vocals are so good. Some times I still get a catch in my throat listening to it.

Other faves include:

Spotter (Be Human) - the piano intro is sublimely haunting and the contrasting silky strings and thumping base line for a really good mashup. Also the name and the song both remind me of Saito.

Stamina Rose (OST) - Blatantly Motoko in a song. The song rings to the sound of a beating heart and a beautiful Japanese style vocal chorus. Quite sublime.

Inner Universe (OST) - Just a well put together piece, and of course a signature of the original SAC series.

Rise (OST 2) - Powerful and motivational, I even know some of the non-English lyrics to it. It portrays a real sense of 'shut up and get on with it'. A motivation I use a lot in life :)

Smile (OST 3) - There's something weird about it that keeps drawing me back. It dives in and out of the emotions like a dolphin in water, the way the piano changes from pleasant lightness to sharp off-key parts really moves me somehow.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Proxy

Post by Proxy »

From The Roof Top~Somewhere In The Silence from the SSS soundtrack

Its the song from the Poker Face episode. Sounds much much better on the cd than on the anime, i guess because its the full, uncut song. I really like Illaria Graziano in this one but others arent so great for her and i love the sort of jazzy feel in the beginning of the song. I listen to it alot, wish i could find more music with this sound.

Edit:

I'd have to go with Inner Universe also since its the reason i started watching GITS anyway. Heard it on youtube combined with a video for this MMO i play (Ragnarok Online) and ended up getting the whole GITS series. GITS was my first anime.
Individual Twelve

Proxy wrote:I'd have to go with Inner Universe also since its the reason i started watching GITS anyway. Heard it on youtube combined with a video for this MMO i play (Ragnarok Online) and ended up getting the whole GITS series. GITS was my first anime.
Whoa. I didn't know that Yoko Kanno's composition had that sorta power. I mean, I got into SAC because I was given the 1st GiG boxset for my birthday.

I've recently started to enjoy Beauty is Within Us. Scott Matthew's vocals combined with the synth makes one emotional and powerful performance.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

I like "The End of all You'll know" Track 1, O.S.T.3.
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Aye, that's another one I like a lot too.

TBH it's hard for me, apart from 'Some other time' to say what are my faves, there are so many good songs.

P.S. damn all you people who have the SSS soundtrack!! I still can't find it over here :(
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Individual Twelve

Saito wrote:P.S. damn all you people who have the SSS soundtrack!! I still can't find it over here :(
http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProd ... sku=737903

You're in luck. HMV's very useful for these things, you know. :razz:
douyang

Post by douyang »

I gravitate to "Rebirth" by Origa. I think it really captures the essence of the entire series, a whole "brave new world" theme.

Anything by Origa or Graziano is awesome.

On a related note, I just had to pay $23.00 for a new SSS soundtrack because ITunes 7.62 and 7.5 (On a IMac, no less) is a stupid piece of shit that not only freezes and needs to force quit when I try to import the songs onto my computer, but actually FUBARs the particular tracks it screwed up on so I can never listen to them again. The joys of technology.

Does anyone have this problem with this program?
Chesire Cat

Post by Chesire Cat »

"I Do" and "Somewhere in the Silence" are both good ones sung by Graziano. I don't know if I would've been drawn to them the same way had I just heard them from anywhere though. The moods the episodes evoked played a big part in grabbing my interest. They just seemed to fit in perfectly.

Rise by Olga and Lithium Flower are a couple of others I liked a lot. The latter has some pretty outlandish lyrics, but the catchy beat makes up for it in my opinion.
tso

Post by tso »

For some reason i love the "combat theme", run rabbit junk.
Colmy_DD

Post by Colmy_DD »

Get 9, velvateen, tachicoma senshi and cyberbird. the last one almost mekes me cry thinking about the final few eps of GITS:Sac 2G. it was amazing, i miss the blue guys!!!
What i'd thought i'd do is pretend to be one of those individuals... or should i??
Saito

Post by Saito »

Colmy_DD: have you seen SSS yet?
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Colmy_DD

Post by Colmy_DD »

yes i have but i havent got the ost
What i'd thought i'd do is pretend to be one of those individuals... or should i??
Saito

Post by Saito »

If you've seen SSS then you shouldn't be so sad :)
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...