Appleseed: Genesis

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

GhostLine

Appleseed: Genesis

Post by GhostLine »

Appleseed: Genesis I hear is the title of the upcoming tv series. I wonder if it will be in relation to the films, or go the way of SAC and reinterpret. I hope they reinterpret.
Jeni Nielsen

Re: Appleseed: Genesis

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

GhostLine wrote:Appleseed: Genesis I hear is the title of the upcoming tv series. I wonder if it will be in relation to the films, or go the way of SAC and reinterpret. I hope they reinterpret.
OOOH I hope it continues the movies. I need more Tereus!

I think that Appleseed needs less interpretation than Ghost in the Shell. I mean GITS had to be reinterpreted since Mokoto was gone after the first movie. :)

I have a feeling though that the TV series should contain the story of the first movie. That way fans who don't know about Appleseed at all would be able to understand the whole Briareos Deunan relationship. It would also be great if they explored the world of Olympus more. I know that Aramaki was trying to do that in the second movie, but it could be done even better with a TV series.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

"I need more Tereus!" No, Jeni...don't say that. Haha.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

GhostLine wrote:"I need more Tereus!" No, Jeni...don't say that. Haha.
Why the crap not!? I thought he was an interesting character, and could be an interesting way to delve into the whole bioroid/humanity dichotomy.

Er yeah, so what if I have a little fangirl crush on him! Why you hatin?

Ur i realized you might take that too seriously so :P :D :lol: :P

But seriously though i would like to know what's wrong with Tereus.
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Bless... *gives Jeni a friendly hug and pats her on the head*

It sounds cool, actually, whatever direction it goes in. It sounds to me like there are plenty more adventures to be had. I love the visual style of Appleseed, especially in CGI.

Of course I still haven't seen the second movie yet, it seems to be dragging it's feet very slowly over to the UK :(

*sobs into his corn flakes*
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Tereus was pretty, but why wasn't he black, dammit! >_<*

PMS-ing Marto, reporting for duty, ma'am!
I honestly was rather angry about that. Other than that, great character. Reminded me a lot of Zack Fair from Final Fantasy VII.

I think an Appleseed TV series will be very interesting.
Hopefully they bring back the great lively music of the first film rather than the ambient stuff from the second. Or at least a mix of the two. I missed the lively songs like "Dive for You", or the Basement Jaxx's "Good Luck". The Boom Boom Satellites need more love!

marto
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

PMS-ing? Marto... I thought you were a boy. Has something changed?

Anyway I honestly hadn't heard about this series... (is out of the loop *_<)
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Sylphisonic wrote:
PMS-ing? Marto... I thought you were a boy. Has something changed?
Oh, goodness, no! :shock: I must say, rudely enough, that I'm more than attached to my male parts!

Men actually do go through a monthly cycle of hormonal imbalance, during which all symptoms of PMS are present, except for the discharge of egg, which we obviously do not possess. Even the cramps can be present, as long as the male possesses a naturally higher level of estrogen which I do. T_____T It sucks....

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Anyone heard anymore about this, I'm in the mood for more...
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Men actually do go through a monthly cycle of hormonal imbalance, during which all symptoms of PMS are present, except for the discharge of egg, which we obviously do not possess. Even the cramps can be present, as long as the male possesses a naturally higher level of estrogen which I do. T_____T It sucks....
I know I'm several months late in responding to this, but "aawwww" :(
I'm so sorry, that does suck :(. I feel bad I didn't know about that kind of thing before (I knew about men being able to give milk, but not about the PMS >< -> feels inexcusably insensitive for a 21st century human)
Anyone heard anymore about this, I'm in the mood for more...
As to Appleseed... I haven't heard any more about the series, but I finally saw the first CG movie a few weeks ago and I've been lent the second to watch too... I liked the first one okay, it was entertaining and stylish. Some plot execution bothered me (the second half), and I got frustrated because at first it seemed like the plot would go in interesting directions but then the action scenes kept breaking it up... and I missed Deunan and Bri's slightly more cheery and charming manga personalities...