Who are you...?

General discussion about Ghost in the Shell

Moderator: sonic

BabyHipster

Post by BabyHipster »

Overall, I am closest to that overweight guy at the laughing man forum in "Chat Chat Chat". Although I lack the hacking abilities that are such an important part of his character, he and I are very similar when it comes to attitude and personality. Like him I tend to be quiet, deliberate and often slow to jump in with an opinion. I also tend to get impatient when an important point I have made is being ignored. These similarities and the fact that I tend to inhabit that vast space outside the action going on around me, are what cause me to identify most with him.
I am not the "I" that I was nor am I the "I" that I will be. Only a common past and DNA connect "I" to I. That is what I think now, tomorrow's "I" might have a different opinion.
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

oh i really liked that guy, it was really interesting to have the most important character just sitting a bit awkwardly in silence while the others just jabber on about nothing in particular.
BabyHipster

Post by BabyHipster »

That was one of the things that instantly attracted me to him. That and his desperation.
I am not the "I" that I was nor am I the "I" that I will be. Only a common past and DNA connect "I" to I. That is what I think now, tomorrow's "I" might have a different opinion.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

I think I'm more like Togusa more than anybody else.
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Saito wrote:I must say I have moments like Kuze too, when I feel empty in myself but still am kind and caring to everyone around me, and refuse to take my anger or sorrow out on them. I am also a bit quiet and introspective.
The first time I watched the second season, I felt very intrigued (almost attracted actually, even though I'm not gay) right away by Kuze, but I didn't really know why (I just thought he was cool 8) ).

But when I watched it a second time, that's when I realized it is probably because I am quite like him (even though I am FAR to be as charismatic as he is :wink: )
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

Individual Twelve
Location: British Summer Time, where everyone gets an hour less sleep.

Post by Individual Twelve »

Togusa. I'm always the wet-behind-the-ears newbie who nevertheless makes some valued contributions. IN ANY FIELD.

There are some occasions when I'm like Kuze- calm, caring and generally quiet. And there's others when I'm like Ishikawa, I guess. When I actually am a veteran. But Togusa mainly.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

I've been rethinking mine, even though I still stay on the same ground.

Even though she isn't a personal favourite I have to say that Motoko Aramaki is a very close call to what my personality generally tends to be.

I'm independent, self-dependent, unreliable in the extent of maintaining orders in a certain manner that they're told, but highly reliable when it comes to getting something done, and done well. I have a big mouth on me, which is opened in that "sassy" kind of tone, only when I'm around either people I like, or people I do not care for. I work quickly, under cover, and I never let anyone see my efforts, and even if I don't hide my actions, half the time people are too dumb to figure out what I'm doing, since I work in very unexpected, or strange ways to do even the most menial of task. I love fashion, and change my appearance quite often, and I use my charms to get most everything I want. It works too! And if it doesn't, then I simply either blackmail people into whatever it is that I want, or I just go get it myself through other people (which is far more troublesome). I'm also well aquainted with far too many people, but I never let them mingle with each other, since they must always be divided if I wish for them to prove as effective as possible in my life.

Despite all of my strong points, I am easily doubtful of myself on a deep emotional level, and feel like half the time I'm searching for an answer that in the very end is far too complex for me to even begin to fathom an understanding of. That's what oddly inspires me to push toward it that much more.

Mostly though, there's as many people that love me and put me on a pedestal, as there are that wish I was buried six feet under, or running and screaming while engulfed in the very flames of hell. :)

marto
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Motoko from the movie, especially how I felt when I was a teenager. Although I have aspects of Batou's goofy side. And Aramaki's seriousness and grumpy old man-ness (he's not too much of one and neither am I though). And hints of Togusa's trying to do the best he can as a person with human limits. Movie Motoko mostly though 8) .

I'm surprised no-one has said the nurse from the manga! :lol: Or the basset hound :lol: :lol: ...
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Mostly though, there's as many people that love me and put me on a pedestal, as there are that wish I was buried six feet under, or running and screaming while engulfed in the very flames of hell.
That's funny :P
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

My fiancee is as simple, as he is sweet just like Gabriel. It's pretty disturbing! Except he doesn't wiggle his butt when he eats, nor does he "lay at home, covered in his own crap, while starving to death." - Ichikawa, Innocence

marto
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Rien

Post by Rien »

When I was younger I saw myself as a combination of Togusa and Batou; idealistic and naive like Togusa with both of their quick tempers especially towards things I thought were wrong.

Now, I see some of myself as a combination of Motoko, Saito, and Kuze; jaded to the point of detachment with a dry, sometimes dark humor like Motoko. I'm a loner like Saito yet I don't mind being part of a group as long I can do my own thing and I'm loyal like he is too if you can earn my trust. I can be kind, empathic, and sensitive like Kuze. I have both Motoko's and Kuze's introspective nature all three of their quiet/introverted natures.
Non conformity is an illusion for the ego.
Chroma

Post by Chroma »

Hum. Interesting topic. I'll try the exercise.

Well I'm probably a mix of persona. Can't identify myself in the whole Motoko thing for sure. but her "over the net identity" [hence the forum screenname] since I'm involved in IT security and things. Plus, I'm rather autonomous and independent.
I would probably be a bit of Togusa as well, as the shadow leader. Not as wise and trained like Aramaki, but enough to take over the ship in case of crisis.
Second features: the patience of Saito and the naiveness of the Aoki on some points.
John_234

Post by John_234 »

I don't think I'm as cool as any of the GITS characters xD
"If I believe I have a ghost, I will." Is this true? That's quite a controversy.
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

marto_motoko wrote:My fiancee is as simple, as he is sweet just like Gabriel. It's pretty disturbing! Except he doesn't wiggle his butt when he eats, nor does he "lay at home, covered in his own crap, while starving to death." - Ichikawa, Innocence

marto
Well, on balance I'd say that's a GOOD thing :)

I'd say I'm a combo of the Puppetmaster and Aramaki, but with Motoko's inquisitiveness. All scaled down to just beyond neophyte levels of ability, though. :cry:
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
John_234

Post by John_234 »

I think I'm like post GITS Motoko in that I have many complex facets that can't entire be summed up as a character :P I think I see a bit of a given character in my specific actions rather than my personality as a whole when it comes down to it.
"If I believe I have a ghost, I will." Is this true? That's quite a controversy.