Nine Inch Nails?

Everything else you want to talk about!

Moderator: sonic

Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Nine Inch Nails?

Post by Saito »

Do we have any Nine Inch Nails fans in the place? I'm personally a huge fan and they are one of my favorite bands of all time. To me, Trent Reznor is a demi-god (in a strictly non-religious way) of music, not only because he's a hugely accomplished musician, but also because he has made a blunt point of kicking the music industry in the shins wherever he can.

I was just curious...
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Ramzus

Post by Ramzus »

I'am a fan of Nine Inch Nails, they kinda remind me of Nirvana.
The divine medium who has descended upon the mortal world.
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Have you got hold of any parts of Ghosts I-IV yet? I bought the whole thing straight off the bat and I think it's a masterpiece. I never knew Instrumental work could have so much depth and variety.
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Ramzus

Post by Ramzus »

I must admit Ghosts are pretty amazing( finnally got em). It really suprised me to that just instrumental music can be sooo good.
The divine medium who has descended upon the mortal world.
Saito

Post by Saito »

Yes, wen most people announce they are putting out an instrumental work the world groans and buries it's face in it's hands expecting a collection of samey pieces with no singing in them (there have been exceptions).

Ghosts sounds like a massive collection of bits and pieces Trent's done here and there over a long period, just ideas he's put into music every now and again. Apparently he originally intended to only release 1 EP, but he decided to put the lot out as one work. I'm glad he did, because the length of it allows it to have much greater depth and diversity, it kinda meanders through a landscape of different musical ideas. Anyone who's ever appreciated 'A Warm Place', 'Persistence of Loss', 'La Mer' or any of his other instrumental tracks will feel right at home in Ghosts, it has elements of everything in it, from his emotionally charged and soulful piano pieces, to trip-techno skits, to harder edged industrial stuff.
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

i´m another NIN fan.