in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elfen Lied

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramzus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Elfen Lied Reply with quote

Any Elfen Lied fans here, or am I the only one? I caught myself rewatching it 3 times already. It is violent and provocative, but the story is just so good from my point of view.
Elmo_Redux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one!

*waves hands about to attract attention*

sad stuff, and a tinsiest bit gory though ..especially the bit with the Gabu Shocked
Ramzus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole idea how Lucy went from a child to a killer, because of the way that society treats outcasts is interesting. Whole story goes is about society not accepting outsiders.So you could kinda draw together a line beetwen Gits(the idea of losin individuality and Elfen Lied.(probably late hour left me daydreamin).Most of people are so against new things(nanotechnology,..) just because they are usually afraid of loosin some kind of individuality or are just afraid of something new but in the end society just does not easily accept outsiders, Are we really becoming generic ? I hope someone will see the point...
Epiphany

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought she was a killer ( Weapon ) first then went to being a child by associating and emulating children. It is interesting how she put all the violent tendencies breed into her away to save her friends.

That being said it's not one of my favorite animes. but does have some good moments and a fairly interesting story line.

But shes actually pretty annoying for the first few episodes I found myself turning down the volume whenever it looked like she was going to speak Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: