yes
82%
no
18%

Total votes: 17

Jeni Nielsen

Battlestar Galactica anyone?

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Before I go off on my rant and rave on this show I thouht I'd ask if anyone else had seen it first...

rather than trolling the Sci Fi.com battlestar BBS I thought I'd save mehself the embarashment and see if there are any more sensible people who like/have seen/hate the show.

Oh and I should say I am not in any way talking about the old one. ^^
Gillsing

Post by Gillsing »

All I've seen is the two episode miniseries, but from the first page I googled it seems as if they're doing two entire seasons with the same cast. So I guess it's ok. Quite watchable, and would be must-see-TV if it was aired here. But I wouldn't pay to see it. (Or even bother downloading it.)
Recommended cyberpunk:
ImageImage
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

The mini was 3 episodes.

Anyhow... any other takers? ^^

The first season was really good. It unfortuantely seems to be getting worse based on the first episode of this season...
Bringin It Down

Post by Bringin It Down »

I never really dug this show at all. I thought it was basically a drab, mundane sci-fi war/post-apocalyptic show.

Sorry, but I did think the acting was great on the one episode I saw, just not my type of thing.
Spica

Post by Spica »

I started watching the mini series when it was on, but I didn't much like it and so changed the channel. I'd rather watch a re-run of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I watched the mini series of BSG when it was on the Sci-Fi Channel and I found it to be an okay mini-series, but I never cared for the actual seasons of it, I occasionally watched some of the episodes from season 1 and 2 if nothing else is on. Like Spica, I just watch the reruns of Star Trek The Next Generation.
Slipstream

Post by Slipstream »

I enjoy BSG even though I think it tries too hard. The conflict the characters go through seem forced, like they are overdoing it. And the subplot of Baltar and his subconsious babe/villian almost ruins everything (its been done and better on other shows, least of which was the recently concluded Farscape). When Olmos is on the screen, I am glued as I am a huge fan of that actor. The music is fantastic and the special effects are great. Like I said, its getting better, but sometimes I shake my head.
Creator, Ghost in the Shell D20 RPG
www.serenadawn.com
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

I'm not really interested in the new show, although we have a friend who is VERY into it. I still like the old BG; it reminds me of childhood, coming home from football games on Sunday and camping out in front of the TV to see how the mythic battle between man and machine would play out :)

Jeff
MiNaeClem

Post by MiNaeClem »

I am watching the new BSG and I like it. I specially like the mood of the space scenes. It has the same subject with the old series but improved vastly. The series have it's ups and downs but it is enjoyable imo. It has original parts and cliche parts, but I think that makes you feel the old series and the reimagination at once. Therefore I enjoy it and I heard there's a third season coming.
Some things are too important to be taken seriously.
secondhandevil

Post by secondhandevil »

I like the show but I do have a few problems with it. Mainly the seem to be repeating the same subplots Roslyn and Adama are always geeting their powers usurped at least one person always seems to be trapped on some planet,and everyone else is EMO and enjoys playing musical beds. But yeah its cool.

Know about the action figures yet ?
I used to be sane,I'm better now.
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

saw the miniseries but was neither enthusiastic or dissappointed with it.. the old show was kinda' fun though. :)
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

secondhandevil wrote:I like the show but I do have a few problems with it. Mainly the seem to be repeating the same subplots Roslyn and Adama are always geeting their powers usurped at least one person always seems to be trapped on some planet,and everyone else is EMO and enjoys playing musical beds. But yeah its cool.

Know about the action figures yet ?
Action figures? Imagines the "Number 6" action figure. :)

I'm thinking I really should see more of the second season. It started off irking me, but I think I should give it another chance. I agree with you about the tired plotlines though.
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

It's to preachy and whiny. The Cylons are actually less of an enemy that the humans are. And they are also much more interesting characters.

I'm not a hawk by any stretch of the imagination. But civillian rule under those cercumstances is just rediculus.

The few plot lines there are, are just to predictable.
Nice concept, piss poor writting and crappy execution.
Funny that the only really interesting character is the asian girl
Donshonto

Post by Donshonto »

As for me, I am obsessed over it. It's a great show. The mythology sucks ass though, but the execution of it makes it so appealing to me. Adama is simply kick ass. The atmosphere and the CG scenes are really great.

But yeah ^ agreed Sharon is really likeable (alongside Adama) and she's really hot, so that's a plus.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

i watched it but the syncro is shitty. at my country...
i love the old series more.

same here with stargate atlantis.. SG-1 was better and the movie was best. not the pilot. The movie with Kurt Russel i mean.