What's your music ... 2008 edition

Everything else you want to talk about!

Moderator: sonic

-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

am i the only one who listens to melo death metal???
or metal itself?
i also listen to EBM, gothic rock, Industrial and other electronic stuff.
like N.I.N.
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

I used to listen to Ministry (even the pop-80s version! and up through Mind Is a Terrible Thing to Taste), Skinny Puppy, NIN, etc. That was all on the tail end of my punk days, back in the early 90s ... * sniff ... nostalgia * Further back it was bands like The Clash, Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedys, 7 Seconds (and, to totally wipe out any cred I had as a punk, I liked Duran Duran and Nena as well ... have you ever tried to mosh to "99 Luftballons"?).

I'm even more accepting of many, many types of music now, but I tend to get stuck on one or two.

--Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
www.quantumtigergames.com
the cat is out of the box
MsDia

Post by MsDia »

My taste covers many types of music, from opera to ethnic. The only music I have tried but can't listen to is rap, no offense to anyone that loves it. Well, that and some very heavy songs from my country.

Some faves are:

Sarah Brightman
Nightwish
Rammstein
Enigma
Deep Purple
Rainbow
Scorpions
POD
3 Doors down
Linkin Park

The list goes on...Opera wise the most favorite is Madama Butterfly.
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

I can't listen to GITS music because everytime I start I end up wanting to watch it :?
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Jeff Georgeson wrote: and Nena as well ... have you ever tried to mosh to "99 Luftballons"?).
actually yes. It was quite fun. And check this out for awesome.

It's a Japanese band singing 99 Luftballons in German.

CAPTAIN KIRK!!!!

http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-11449/ ... llons.html
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Oh ... that's great!!! I like the way they subtitle what they're saying--in German!

Makes me want to go find the original Nena video ... I can't even remember it at all.
Jeni Nielsen wrote:actually yes. It was quite fun.
Cool! Never thought anyone would say yes to that one ... but did someone almost go through your front window? :) (Really poor planning, having a mosh pit next to the front window. Must have been fun to watch for passers-by, though.)
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

... Now I know why I couldn't remember it :? I was thinking it was a cool "story" video following the lyrics, but it's just her and her band playing the song in a field. Darn.
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Jeff Georgeson wrote:... Now I know why I couldn't remember it :? I was thinking it was a cool "story" video following the lyrics, but it's just her and her band playing the song in a field. Darn.
Isn't that an anti-war song???
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Yup, anti-Cold War, although it could also be seen as an anti-nuclear weapon song.

(Now that we've been talking about it, this song has been stuck in my head all day ... thanks, everyone :P

--Jeff
Jeff Georgeson
Quantum Tiger Games
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Macross Plus soundtracks have real gems on them.
Yes yes! I adored those; chased them obsessively when I was 17 :P

I think Akino Arai's "Voices" on those CDs is a beautiful song. I love "After, in the dark ~ Torch Song", "Pulse" and "Santi-U" as well on those OSTs. And "Borderline" (okay, so all the Sharon Apple/Myung songs). And apart from all the great dramatic orchestral "flying" music, I really like the piano track, "More than 3mm" (I think that's the one; must go back and check that).
Individual Twelve
Location: British Summer Time, where everyone gets an hour less sleep.

Post by Individual Twelve »

Though many wouldn't suspect it, I mainly listen to ROCK and METAL, though I like anything so long as it's got a decent tune to it. (This is why rap is far from my favourite.)
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Currently absolutely loving R.E.M.'s new album. It's a real trip back to the late 80s and their best material.
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...