Naruto and Bleach

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

Elmo_Redux

Naruto and Bleach

Post by Elmo_Redux »

ok they're a little bit childish, but I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I hated every minute of it, the endless flashbacks, the cliche'd story, the repetitive dialogue and the fights where they spend hours talking about what they're doing.... but then I noticed I'd just watched a few hundred episodes.. :shock:

CONCLUSION: crap but addictive :lol: anyone have any other suggestions for a guilty-pleasure anime to watch? :P
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

just call me narutard 8)
Epiphany

Re: Naruto and Bleach

Post by Epiphany »

Elmo_Redux wrote: CONCLUSION: crap but addictive :lol: anyone have any other suggestions for a guilty-pleasure anime to watch? :P
As much as I hate to admit it....I love Cooly Fooly :oops: Its so bizarre even for an Anime world 8)
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Ahh... I couldn't stand *any* of those anime. Well... it's more I just couldn't work out what was going on in Bleach, since I joined it somewhere in the middle for about 3 episodes. But Naruto and his shouty voice makes me want to denounce that I like anime. I heard he doesn't sound like that at all in Japanese, so maybe it's really a hidden gem or something. Like how I didn't think I liked EVA from seeing the dub, then I watched it from the beginning in Japanese and loved it (sure Asuka's still annoying, but somehow it doesn't bother me as much. And Shinji is positively a different boy altogether, lol).
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

ah yes, the english dub for naruto is painfully bad - they all sound like the same very shouty toddler.

I've still no idea why I like watching them. Normally I like deep & interesting characters, discussion of a original idea, a well written and unpredictable plot or at very least some fast paced action animated well ...naruto and bleach have none of these and yet they're still entertaining :? tis' most confusing.
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Elmo_Redux wrote:I've still no idea why I like watching them. Normally I like deep & interesting characters, discussion of a original idea, a well written and unpredictable plot or at very least some fast paced action animated well ...naruto and bleach have none of these and yet they're still entertaining :? tis' most confusing.
I have to admit that I'm like that too :oops:

I usually like elaborate/complex/weird stuff, but I am really addicted to Naruto. The first seasons were quite childish but there's something between Naruto and Sasuke that is really interesting ... or at least forces you to keep watching :lol:

Though, the new season (the Shippuudens, which takes place 3 years after the last one) is quite better (not only in the story telling but also in the quality).

As for Bleach, I was also addicted, or at least at first, as I thought the 'relationship' between Ichigo and Rukia was interesting, but it went nowhere and the repetitiveness of that series helped me to get de-intoxicated :P

PS: I also watch animes only in their original subbed versions, so it does help a lot :wink:
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

Elmo_Redux

Re: Naruto and Bleach

Post by Elmo_Redux »

Epiphany wrote:
Elmo_Redux wrote: CONCLUSION: crap but addictive :lol: anyone have any other suggestions for a guilty-pleasure anime to watch? :P
As much as I hate to admit it....I love Cooly Fooly :oops: Its so bizarre even for an Anime world 8)
I just started watching it today, and about all I can say about it so far is that it's odd ..really odd. :)
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

I can't figure out why Bleach has the song "Happy People" during the closing credits. Considering what the show is about it seems a very strange way to end the show :?
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

"Happy People" ??? Which season are you watching?

Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

THYREN wrote:"Happy People" ??? Which season are you watching?
I dont know. Whatever one is on Adultswim right now :? This is the closing song for it 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brc9GTBPtWY
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Wow! That's old! :lol:

Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

THYREN wrote:Wow! That's old! :lol:

and way way cute :)