Recommend a senien science fiction anime series

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

Purifying Flame of Justic
Location: The Outer Plane of Xatorsika; Pondering upon my own existence, what path in life shall I embark on?

Recommend a senien science fiction anime series

Post by Purifying Flame of Justic »

I'd recommend Ergo Proxy, Serial Experiment Lain and Texhnolyze.
"It is terrible to die of thirst on the ocean.
Does your truth have to be so salty that it can no longer even - quench thirst?" Nietzsche
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

texhnolyze rules....Gantz is pretty cool. i just watched "The Place Promised to Us in Our Early Days" which is an unsusual sci-fi from the same guy who did "A Distant Star".

I also recommend Ghost in the Shell...waitaminute...that's what I write on other boards...haha!
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

I'd recommend Ergo Proxy, Serial Experiment Lain and Texhnolyze.
Boogiepop Phantom belongs in that list!
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

And I would add Ghost Hound (which is from Production IG, and even Masamune Shirow wrote some parts I think)
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Ooh, have not heard of it... will research!
THYREN

Post by THYREN »

Shirow actually wrote the original story ... 20 years ago. So, for the 20th anniversary of the studios, Production IG decided to base their new series on that story.

I think that some people who previously worked on SE Lain work on this project as well.

If you liked the weirdness of Lain, I highly recommend Ghost Hound (even if it's only at its 8th or 9th episode so far :wink: )
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly ?

sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Yeah, Lain's not bad- I enjoyed it. A little too slow-paced for me (especially the first disc), but quite unique and moody; with themes that are universal. If you added that Ghost Hound also had the sheer cleverness and tightly-knitted storytelling of Boogiepop, I would be completely sold right away, lol.

Actually, I'm curious and I want to see it now, but I'll wait until all the episodes are out. :)