in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Death Note

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Epiphany

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Death Note Reply with quote

I've been watching Death Note on Adult Swim. Has anyone else seen it. I've seen the live action movie but didn't know there was an anime version of it...The primise is facinating Very Happy

Actually hope someone will reply. Maybe give the site a little kick
Saito

Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it but I'd like to know more about it - can you give us a potted, spoiler free description?

In the Major we Trust...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Epiphany

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saito wrote:
I haven't seen it but I'd like to know more about it - can you give us a potted, spoiler free description?

I can't really describe it without giving up spoilers. I will say that it involves someone with the ability to kill using a note. But thats in the title.

That ability is really second to the story. The hunt for him is what is fasinating. You sound watch it. Way Cool. The anime is better than the live action movie. Probably because a series gets more time to dig deeper into character development.
Purifying Flame of Justic

Location: The Outer Plane of Xatorsika; Pondering upon my own existence, what path in life shall I embark on?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved it, although the protagonist in his weirdness, however sincere, coupled with the *cough* fucked up Japanese educational system portrayed put a somewhat dent in it on some level .... Laughing
Epiphany

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purifying Flame of Justic wrote:
Loved it, although the protagonist in his weirdness, however sincere, coupled with the *cough* fucked up Japanese educational system portrayed put a somewhat dent in it on some level .... Laughing

"L" is one of the best characters ever created. Cool His oddities and intellect are a perfect match
sonic
Special

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My nephew is actually a huge fan of this, as is one of my friends from uni. I still have yet to read it, though it does sound like it must be good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: