in the shell Forum Index in the shell
Discussions about the many incarnations of Ghost in the Shell, philosophy and more!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Renaissance

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simon's ghost

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Renaissance Reply with quote

Anybody seen this animated film? I recommend. Not a masterpiece but a good purchase. A lot like Balde Runner, but the animation is great.
GhostLine

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kinda looks like sin city in style....
Purifying Flame of Justic

Location: The Outer Plane of Xatorsika; Pondering upon my own existence, what path in life shall I embark on?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen it, stylistically it was good and the story was okay.

@Ghostline:
Quote:
Similarities with Sin City: Volckman stated he was interested in creating a visual feel similar to what one might get when looking at a painting. In terms of what was produced, yes, the look is definitely similar, but Renaissance is not copying Sin City. Although Sin City came out first, Renaissance started its production far before Sin City. In terms of look, Renaissance really does match very closely with the Sin City graphic novels – more so than Sin City in fact. But while it also is a neo-noir, the dialogue and mood of Renaissance is far more like a corporate espionage version of a standard 40s detective noir (think “The Big Sleep” with corporations instead of the mob), whereas Sin City had more of a hyper-real, over-the-top neo-noir feel.

from a review of the movie :
http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/movie/decade/2000-current/renaissance/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    in the shell Forum Index -> Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: