Renaissance

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

simon's ghost

Renaissance

Post by simon's ghost »

Anybody seen this animated film? I recommend. Not a masterpiece but a good purchase. A lot like Balde Runner, but the animation is great.
Oh well.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

kinda looks like sin city in style....
Purifying Flame of Justic
Location: The Outer Plane of Xatorsika; Pondering upon my own existence, what path in life shall I embark on?

Post by Purifying Flame of Justic »

I have seen it, stylistically it was good and the story was okay.

@Ghostline:
Similarities with Sin City: Volckman stated he was interested in creating a visual feel similar to what one might get when looking at a painting. In terms of what was produced, yes, the look is definitely similar, but Renaissance is not copying Sin City. Although Sin City came out first, Renaissance started its production far before Sin City. In terms of look, Renaissance really does match very closely with the Sin City graphic novels – more so than Sin City in fact. But while it also is a neo-noir, the dialogue and mood of Renaissance is far more like a corporate espionage version of a standard 40s detective noir (think “The Big Sleep” with corporations instead of the mob), whereas Sin City had more of a hyper-real, over-the-top neo-noir feel.
from a review of the movie :
http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/movie/de ... naissance/
"It is terrible to die of thirst on the ocean.
Does your truth have to be so salty that it can no longer even - quench thirst?" Nietzsche