Introduce yourself

Tell us about yourself!
Ginis

Ummmm.....*light poke*

Post by Ginis »

Umm, I joined this message board a couple of years back but I kinda dissappeared from it.... I was going through an icky time in my life (Bad summer ._. ) and I was so shy even over the internet.... Still kinda am.... *fidgets* Plus when I first joined I was under the impression I came off as a pest.... Even though I got alot of warm welcomes..... But ummmm.... Okay I'm done! >.>

*Takes off running*
got ghost?

When using thermoptic camouflage, think.... "Reflective ninja... Reflective ninja... Reflective ninja.... Must be a reflective ninjaaa...."
AJB2K3

Post by AJB2K3 »

Um hello and goodbye?
Elmo_Redux

Post by Elmo_Redux »

Hello again Ginis :)
[IWNJACTWHSLMFAM]
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

*waves*

'Allo there. I'm the new guy, Jon. :D I happened across the site while searching for a Ghost in the Shell RPG forum (if anyone knows any, do tell, please), actually but I'm glad I found this place as well. It's nice to see there are still people interested in the series/manga/movies.

Umm, I guess I'll share some information about myself. I'm a college student, obviously interested in GITS and some other random animes. My biggest hobby would be cars. I'm quite heavily involved in the import scene as well as the track scene and I love playing paintball as well. I got interested in Ghost when I saw the pilot episode of SAC on Adult Swim. I've been hooked ever since.

From what I can see, the site just came back so hopefully it continues to be revived. 8)
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Hello hello

...and hey, Ginis, don't be shy. Whatever you say is fine so long as you're not, like, *evil* or whatever (and even then, that can be debated maturely). But anyhow, I'm sure you aren't a pest ;)
MsDia

Newbie here

Post by MsDia »

Hi guys, wasn't sure where to put a greeting, but felt this thread will be the best and show you that there's always interest in GitS.

I am not very new, in terms of age or internet, but although I saw the first movie way back and rented the second after it got out I hadn't seen the series. I saw SAC:SSS a bit ago and got excited in the universe again. So at any rate, I looked around, a lot, and this is the only place where the conversations are covering what I feel they should cover. So kudos to the community and the admin/creator.

As for that pesky real life interferring with your online, I can sympathise. I hope I will be finding time to come around and post. And if this post is out of context by all means move it, and I can post someplace else.

So, hello! I am Dia.
GhostLine

Post by GhostLine »

welcome new people to the boards...yeah, we've gone through a couple years bout of inactivity, but i think everyone had such a good experience that most had kept tabs that things would pick up again.
Gothmog

Post by Gothmog »

Hi guys, my name is Gothmoth, because I prefer not to give my name out on a forum. I'm 28 and I've been a fan of Ghost in the Shell for a very many years. Ghost in the Shell is the prime reason that I'm here, but I also like a lot of other cyberpunk anime too, some of it quite old. A few of those would be Cyber City Oedo 808, Akira, AD Police, Appleseed and the Patlabors. Could also list Armitage and the not so cyberpunk 3X3 Eyes in there too.

I'm not very active on forums most of the time, but I will contribute when and where I can, and I look forward to hearing what other people have to say, because generally, so far, I've found that the GitS fan base is quite a clever one.

Ciao for now!
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Hi! Yay, a GitS/Appleseed/Armitage/Patlabor fan! Me too ^_^
Gothmog

Post by Gothmog »

I love the whole blur between human and machine concept, it's one of my main attractions to these stories. I also like Blade Runner a whole lot for this reason. It's nice to meet you all. :)

You people are very intellectual, I went into the Ghost in the Shell Philosophy section and my cyber brain nearly overloaded. >__<
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Welcome! I have to say that's one of the things that fascinates me about GiTS also, the breakdown of boundaries between what is human and what is a machine. The question always rests that are people with prosthetic bodies and a human ghost really... human?
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

Saito wrote:Welcome! I have to say that's one of the things that fascinates me about GiTS also, the breakdown of boundaries between what is human and what is a machine. The question always rests that are people with prosthetic bodies and a human ghost really... human?
When you think about in those terms. Aren't we all ghosts in here. After all our interactions here are all virtual. We speak to each other through artificial voices ( Keystrokes ) We interact without having any face to face contact. Conversations in here can go on for years and not contain anything more than 4 or 5 posts. At times we show bits and pieces of ourselves without actually revealing anything about who we really are. We could work in the same office for all we know and sit two cubicals from each other and never speak about anything more than the weather. Or see each other somewhere and say to ourselves "Wow that person is wierd" then come home jump on the net and find ourselves glad that same person posted something because on here we find them "Interesting". We touch each others lives though it is in a very minor way. Without ever having to risk anything. So in a sense aren't we all using a form of prosthetics right now to find people of like minds and interests.

Oh Yeah. This is the "Indroduce Yourself" Thread
Hi Everyone :D

I'm Jordan ( Yes. It is a girls name too )
My screen name comes from the fact that I mis-spelled a word in fifth grade and got teased about.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I don´t wan´t to talk bout myself and where I come from. If i´m male or female. I was looking for some intellectual forum. Maybe I found it.
For more information mail me. Or write me a personal message.

I just say hello to everyone and enjoy...
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

-Ghost- wrote:I don´t wan´t to talk bout myself and where I come from. If i´m male or female. I was looking for some intellectual forum. Maybe I found it.
For more information mail me. Or write me a personal message.

I just say hello to everyone and enjoy...
if you don't want to talk about yourself and where you come from then why are you posting in the introductions post? :P

Glad to see you're here. Make sure you follow the rules, post coherently, and don't talk about downloads and we'll all get along with you just fine. ^_^
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Post by Saito »

Jeni Nielsen wrote: if you don't want to talk about yourself and where you come from then why are you posting in the introductions post?
Now now Jeni, go easy on the new people ;) :lol: :P

Anyone who can contribute meaningful discussion is welcome, you don't have to tell us who you are or what you are if you don't want to :)

Welcome, anyhoo I hope you fond lots here to enjoy :)
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...