The old boards and the new...

This was a test forum (back when the Boards had to be recreated) but since has become the Guest Book. Let us know what you think!

Moderator: sonic

sonic
Special

The old boards and the new...

Post by sonic »

Is it just me, or did these forums not really return the same way they used to be... Something's missing... The mood changed... (Something's in the air in the world generally, and I don't like it but I can't place it... I get that unsettling feeling). :(

Extra sensitivity; what do you do with it? :(
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

There are more rooms, so the conversation gets split into larger area. Also, people are used to the boards being gone, so they don't remember to post as often.
Hei! Aa-Shanta 'Nygh!
Jeni Nielsen

Re: The old boards and the new...

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Sylphisonic wrote:Is it just me, or did these forums not really return the same way they used to be... Something's missing... The mood changed... (Something's in the air in the world generally, and I don't like it but I can't place it... I get that unsettling feeling). :(

It's cause Marto hasn't come back yet! I miss that kid. :(
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:
Sylphisonic wrote:Is it just me, or did these forums not really return the same way they used to be... Something's missing... The mood changed... (Something's in the air in the world generally, and I don't like it but I can't place it... I get that unsettling feeling). :(

hehe, thats what i was gonna say! Someone email him!

I kinda miss the green color scheme.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

Not only are there more rooms, but there are also more members (I feel) since the SAC series started. I guess it reached a broader audience because people here who mainly came after the first movie were more into the philosophy than anything else and now the conversation seems to vary a little more. 'dat help'?
Oh well.
sonic
Special

Post by sonic »

Heh... That's funny, Simon... I mentioned it to Jeff last night, and he said the same thing about GitS on Cartoon Network with SAC and all that. I guess it's a pattern- now that I think about it, it's been happening to other things I like for similar reasons. :cry:
It's cause Marto hasn't come back yet! I miss that kid.
Yeah! You're right! I think lots of people miss Marto... I really miss Marto too. He was a lovely person (but I don't think he'd appreciate you calling him "kid", hahhahha :lol: )
base of the pillar

Post by base of the pillar »

I agree with you Simon. It seems that the conversation has gone through a downgrade since these came back up. I noticed the other day that the philosophy section seems smaller and there are more. What's your favourite.... Aside from that I agree that the forums just feel different.
"And if we spirits have offended think but this and all is mended. That you have but slumbered heree while these visions did appear."--A Midsummer Night's Dream

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
base of the pillar

I guess it was hypocritical of me to talk about how to posts when I've done the same thing. Hmmm my foot has a kind of salty taste.
"And if we spirits have offended think but this and all is mended. That you have but slumbered heree while these visions did appear."--A Midsummer Night's Dream

simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I try not to consider this kind of change as a down or upgrade. Things are different. Just different. It's an upgrade to you if you like it, then it will be a downgrade to some others...and personal taste is just that, personal.
Oh well.
base of the pillar

I guess that is a little airy of me. Your right it's not an up or down grade, just different.

Spica

Post by Spica »

I haven't been able to post as much because of my classes, I'm a junior (in college) now and the work is getting to be more time consuming.

I would post in the philosophy section, because I've got lots of ideas, but it takes lots of time and I'd rather not have some immoral philosopher go online and steal my ideas (I want to write a book some day, and I'd prefere that my ideas to stay mine untill then).
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
-Hamlet
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:
:) Okay, just reading that gave me the most wonderful warm feeling imaginable! But it's ok, the kid is back. :P
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Elmo

Post by Elmo »

marto_motoko wrote:the kid is back. :P
~Elmo performs the happy dance :D

personally i think it's just the philosophy boards that don't feel the same, we had some awesome lil' discussions going ..along time ago on a board far, far away(well here and last year, but you catch my drift anyway :wink: )
Joseph Cambell wrote:Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

Elmo wrote:
marto_motoko wrote:the kid is back. :P
~Elmo performs the happy dance :D

personally i think it's just the philosophy boards that don't feel the same, we had some awesome lil' discussions going ..along time ago on a board far, far away(well here and last year, but you catch my drift anyway :wink: )
I sure do, but I guess it's up to us to get them back to the way that they were. However, you also have to get used to some changes. Such as my limited time, along with some of the old members being incapable of doing as much on the boards as we used to. :( I sure wish I could spare more time, but then again, this is my first time here in three or so weeks.
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

I like that...some old familier names showing up and posting. Thats a good sign :D