Testing new version of forums ...

This was a test forum (back when the Boards had to be recreated) but since has become the Guest Book. Let us know what you think!

Moderator: sonic

Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Testing new version of forums ...

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Not that I expect anyone to see this ... :oops:

If anyone does, and wants to post just to see what happens, feel free!!!

Jeff
Lightice

Post by Lightice »

I do see this and hope, that the forums will return online, soon. Any chance of getting the old threads and user names back? I guess not, but we can hope, can't we?
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

yay! Finally back online! Love the new colors but not sure about the distorted Motoko banner (it looks kinda distorted).... It make take a while to get everything sorted out, but we're on our way to getting everything back to normal.
SomeGuy

Post by SomeGuy »

Good to see the best gits forum back up and running
gitsguy

Post by gitsguy »

Good to see the site back up. Looking forward to some discussions on 2nd gig.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

It is good to back in this message board, now we can talk about SAC 2nd Gig and all things Ghost in the Shell related.

Volumes 1 and 2 of SAC 2nd Gig are out, the special edition of each volume comes in a metal case with volume 1 having a soundtrack CD of the music played during the second season and the second volume coming with a mousemat of an image of Motoko and Batou and playing cards with the faces of the SAC characters on each card.

The third volume will come with two small figures of Motoko and a Tachikoma.
Last edited by Motoko2030 on Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Motoko2030 wrote:It is good to back in this message board, now we can talk about SAC 2nd Gig and all things Ghost in the Shell related.
Hey Motoko2030. I'm really lovin the 2nd gig, can't wait to start talkin about it.

I also wanted to let Jeff know he can delete the avatar I made.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The first episode of SAC 2nd Gig aired last Sunday morning at 12:30 am EST, for some reason Adult Swim has put a MA rating on the SAC 2nd Gig episodes while the rating for the DVDs is 13.

I have to admit that SAC 2nd Gig might be better than the first season, the art style has been improved and the Tachikomas are back to their usual mood.
base of the pillar

Post by base of the pillar »

Yey the forums are back. I have this site stored as my homepage and have had to endur that message for most of the semester. I'm so glad this is back.
"And if we spirits have offended think but this and all is mended. That you have but slumbered heree while these visions did appear."--A Midsummer Night's Dream

History may not repeat itself, but it does rhyme.
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

base of the pillar wrote:Yey the forums are back. I have this site stored as my homepage and have had to endur that message for most of the semester. I'm so glad this is back.
Welcome back base of the pillar! I know how you feel. I checked this page every day and had to endur the "It'll be about a week or two" for months. No offense to Jeff. I don't doubt he's busy and have no idea how much work mainting a site requires.
Jeff Georgeson
Site Admin

Post by Jeff Georgeson »

Wow! Such a response, so quickly! Now I'm REALLY embarrassed about the amount of time it took me to get these boards back up!!!

Gomen!!! :(

I think the only thing I can really do now is start fresh ... I know that's deleting a lot of very wonderful discussions and posts, but phpBB really freaked itself out and whenever I did try to restore something, it crashed again. (I was very tired of having it do that, which is part of why I left it so long to put things back up; it's very irksome to spend time trying to fix something and have it fall apart again :x )

This is yet another new iteration of phpBB. I'll slowly add images and avatars to make it more like the old Boards, and I'll add a few topics and such ...

Yes, the image at the top is distorted. This was all supposed to be a test, so I just grabbed an image and forced it to fit. That will be changed soon, too.

I'm looking at this as a chance to have a fresh start, like moving into a new home or completely rearranging an old one (which, in fact, is what Sylphi and I have been doing in real life--rearranging our house!).

Thanks!
Jeff
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Its all good Jeff :P

I really do love the forum now an how its organized. Each GitS medium has its own catagory, which is really helpful and its keep everything organized. Although it will be a bit akward starting out. If you need anything Jeff, just PM me. Anything at all.

Will you be needing any mods? *hint, hint*
miki-chan

Post by miki-chan »

It's baa-aack!
Glad to see it's finally up and running again. I think it was a good idea to divide the forum into more subcategories.
Er...why did I have to re-register all over again? :|
Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Er...why did I have to re-register all over again?
Because he just started over.
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

SAFE HAVEN!!! I can now rest again. The Portishead Board has fallen into mediocrity with flaming wars and nonsense. The Radiohead is as chaotic as ever and keeps deleting my account. I was forced to flee this way and that, carry a sword & shield to the [P] board, don full armor. Now I lay down a while and regain my breath. Thank you Jeff.

s.w.
Oh well.