Introduce yourself

Tell us about yourself!
Epiphany

Post by Epiphany »

It's weird to say, but I guess since your name is sorta similar to Tiffany I thought you were a girl. XD

Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions or issues just let me know through PM.[/quote]

Actually your first thoughts were correct. I am a girl. I just have a strange name given me by my strange parents. LOL
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Epiphany wrote:
It's weird to say, but I guess since your name is sorta similar to Tiffany I thought you were a girl. XD

Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions or issues just let me know through PM.
Actually your first thoughts were correct. I am a girl. I just have a strange name given me by my strange parents. LOL
:D Well then. I guess I only have to apologize for thinking that Jordan was a boy's name only. ^__^
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

Evening. came across the site whilst looking for answers... answers to many things..

im Todd, currently im taking a year out of education to work full time.. which im not! part timer all the way...

got into manga/anime probably over a year ago.. or just under a year.. first anime i saw was Perfect Blue which is pretty darn scary.

i got into ghost in the shell about a month ago when i finally watched the movie as i had it sitting on my shelf for months.. and now im hooked..

me thinks ill stop writing now.. mainly because i go on and on and on...

Todd
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

mrtodd wrote: me thinks ill stop writing now.. mainly because i go on and on and on...

Todd
Hey there Todd!

Trust me, some members, such as Sylphi, or Sylphisonic as she goes by nowadays, talk a lot more. :lol:

Welcome aboard. :)

mm
Who are you? Who slips into my robot body and whispers to my ghost?
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

marto_motoko wrote:
Hey there Todd!

Trust me, some members, such as Sylphi, or Sylphisonic as she goes by nowadays, talk a lot more. :lol:

Welcome aboard. :)

mm
thanks much for the warm welcome :D
marto_motoko

Post by marto_motoko »

mrtodd wrote:
thanks much for the warm welcome :D
:tachi!: : Mr Todd, which kind of warmth are you talking about? Would it be the kind percieved during a hot summer day, in which people, and other forms of life exhibit exhaustion, and heat strokes, and usually represent their high temperature reaction through perspiration, or the kind which is metaphorical, such as when one recieves a level of affection considered to be as warm as a sweater?

>_> Nevermind tachikoma, just let the new member be, and stop pestering him...

:tachi!: Aww,....marto motoko, you're not fun! I won't tolerate your discriminatory, and rather disrespectful ways of conversation with me! I am just as deservant of respect as anyone el..

Yeah yeah.... :roll:

mm
Individual11

Post by Individual11 »

hi folks

this is Individual 11 :D . i joined this forum today and like wat i am seein here! am from stuttgart, germany and am bigtime fan of GiTS! i love Scifi in general. hope to hang around this place for a long long time from now on! :wink:
marto_motoko

Re: New Member

Post by marto_motoko »

Individual11 wrote:hi folks

this is Individual 11 :D . i joined this forum today and like wat i am seein here! am from stuttgart, germany and am bigtime fan of GiTS! i love Scifi in general. hope to hang around this place for a long long time from now on! :wink:
Welcome aboard! ;) Great Avatar! You have exquisite taste!

:gabu:

mm
Togusa

Post by Togusa »

Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself since I found this forum through random searching about GiTS. I've gotten really interested in the ideas mentioned in GiTS after watching all the movies and TV episodes.

I just watched the GiTS: SAC series again and have been wondering a lot about all the references to various authors made especially towards the end when Motoko talks with Laughing Man. Too bad they didn't put a bibliography in the credits!

Anyway, that's my deal. I hope to learn more about Baudrillard and all those fancy names that Motoko and Laughing Man were tossing around and have interesting discussions with you all. By the way is Joeseph Campbell and his ideas a popular topic around here or is Neomyth a seperate thing?
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Togusa wrote: Anyway, that's my deal. I hope to learn more about Baudrillard and all those fancy names that Motoko and Laughing Man were tossing around and have interesting discussions with you all. By the way is Joeseph Campbell and his ideas a popular topic around here or is Neomyth a seperate thing?
Anything Campbell is free game in the philosophy section. As an aside at the college I went to I used to have tea in his old office. :)

Welcome to the forum. Stay around a while won't you? ^_^
Togusa

Post by Togusa »

Jeni Nielsen wrote:
Togusa wrote: Anyway, that's my deal. I hope to learn more about Baudrillard and all those fancy names that Motoko and Laughing Man were tossing around and have interesting discussions with you all. By the way is Joeseph Campbell and his ideas a popular topic around here or is Neomyth a seperate thing?
Anything Campbell is free game in the philosophy section. As an aside at the college I went to I used to have tea in his old office. :)

Wow, so did you get to meet Campbell? :)
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Togusa wrote:
Jeni Nielsen wrote:

Wow, so did you get to meet Campbell? :)
Oh no. they converted his office into the school coffee house :)

He used to teach at the school I went to (yes I'm being vague) , but he was long gone by the time I got there. :)
Togusa

Post by Togusa »

They did what?? :shock:

Well, I hope they did a tasteful job. You should see the Free Speech Cafe here in Berkeley. :|
He used to teach at the school I went to (yes I'm being vague) , but he was long gone by the time I got there. :)
Hmm, now I'm curious - do you mind if i ask which school this was?
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Togusa wrote:
They did what?? :shock:

Well, I hope they did a tasteful job. You should see the Free Speech Cafe here in Berkeley. :|
Hmm, now I'm curious - do you mind if i ask which school this was?
Well that was why I was being vague, I'm not sure why though. Sarah Lawrence College.
Saito
Location: The chopper you never saw, behind the gun you never heard, about to fire the shot you never expected

Hey folks...

Post by Saito »

Hi, erm... *opens book of Forum Cliches and looks for something appropriate*...

I'm new here.

Anyhoo, I'm glad I stumbled on this place. I've been itching to discuss some of the finer points of GiTS some place, as well as just hang out with like-minded folks.

I know what you're thinking - the name is a serious attack of non-originality but Saito really is my favorite character, I've always been sorta independent, quiet and patient, 'the sniper' suits me I think. I've also always been obsessed with the psychology and methodology of the sniper, they are unlike any other field operator. I also like to think I've grown into someone who can keep his head and think laterally. Ole Poker Face is just me to the letter :)

Anyway enough babbling about me. Hi to everyone here and I hope to contribute a lot to these forums. I have much to talk about, and hopefully lots to share.

Oh, I'm a little bummed out that you can't use custom avatars. Am I missing something?
[MKFC] [BFC] [NINf] [BID] [TMDDFCA] [LMFC]
Beware the Left Eye

In the Major we Trust...