SundevilDVD.com? GitS Seasons $30-35 each?

Whatever anime you like!

Moderator: sonic

Phalanx Observation

SundevilDVD.com? GitS Seasons $30-35 each?

Post by Phalanx Observation »

I've come ocross this site and they sell anime at ridiculously low prices, I've seen GitS season 1 and 2 both for $30. How are they selling it so cheaply? That seems somehow...unethical. (shamefully) I did buy Berserk from the site a while ago, and once again, the whole season was $25-30, so I know that it's the real deal, all episodes included, even includes the extra features. And they fit it all into 3 dvds. Can someone explain this? Who knows, maybe it's just a blessing.
Qwuff

Post by Qwuff »

In my experience, 3 DVDs = bootleg. It may be a high quality bootleg, but it seems it's a bootleg nonetheless.
Jeni Nielsen

Re: SundevilDVD.com? GitS Seasons $30-35 each?

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Phalanx Observation wrote:I've come ocross this site and they sell anime at ridiculously low prices, I've seen GitS season 1 and 2 both for $30. How are they selling it so cheaply? That seems somehow...unethical. (shamefully) I did buy Berserk from the site a while ago, and once again, the whole season was $25-30, so I know that it's the real deal, all episodes included, even includes the extra features. And they fit it all into 3 dvds. Can someone explain this? Who knows, maybe it's just a blessing.
If you post the link I can probably tell you right away if it's a bootleg or not.
Phalanx Observation

Post by Phalanx Observation »

www.sundevildvd.com. In retrospect, I have to admit it seems fishy. Shamefully, I'll have to admit as to buying a season of Berserk from this site, and if it truly is bootleging, I'll have fallen for it eyes wide open. Can you ever forgive the oh-so-niave Phalanx?
Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Phalanx Observation wrote:www.sundevildvd.com. In retrospect, I have to admit it seems fishy. Shamefully, I'll have to admit as to buying a season of Berserk from this site, and if it truly is bootleging, I'll have fallen for it eyes wide open. Can you ever forgive the oh-so-niave Phalanx?

Well I'm sorta leaning towards bootlegs, but the cover art is hard to see. I'm not sure what the tag "SKU" means on the serial number, but it doesn't show up on the official DVDs. The prices aren't necessarily bootleg prices, and they could have something to do with the site being wholesale, so I wouldn't fault you if you did buy something from them. Just know that bootlegs are ALWAYS much worse in quality than anything you'd buy officially. ^__^
mrtodd

Post by mrtodd »

yes i can because ive been a victim of bootleggers too mostly because i had no idea at the time..

i cant believe that this site is still up and running though because they are blatent bootlegs..

i just looked at a naurto limited edition box set and one of the reviewers said that the subtitles are taken from chinese translation... this is one of the signs of bootlegging...

i dont like the site at all so report it to your local authorities because these sites are one of the main reason why anime films and soundtrack cds are so expensive... :x
simon's ghost

Post by simon's ghost »

I was victim of bootlegging, once. Trigun box set for 40$. I was extatic. It was high quality though, so no real complaints. The only place it showed was on Vash's red coat, somehow, the color came out too bright and looked oddly pixelated... hard to explain.
Oh well.