SAC 2nd Gig Vol. 7 LE region 1 with tin case

Talk about GitS:SAC, 2nd Gig, & SSS here!

Moderator: sonic

Jeni Nielsen

Post by Jeni Nielsen »

Motoko2030 wrote:Here is some bad news from someone who has already received the SAC 2nd Gig Volume 7 Limited Edition DVD.
As to the season 2 tins, they do look pretty, but they are very impractical and dangerous for the dvds. All the struggling I've had to go through in getting the disks out means it's highly likely the dvd layers will sepperate and rot much sooner than they otherwise would. (And I've already heard of many people breaking or cracking their disks in the process of getting them out.
Got this from http://www.takotech.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=222
Oh goodness! That's really stupid packaging design if you can't even get the DVD out of the tin. I found a similar problem with the tin I got with the appleseed movie. The DVDs were supposed to fit in one on top of the other but it was really hard to get them to fit back in like that.
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

The design of the bigger tin case looks great, but it wasn't designed to hold the smaller tin cases from the other volumes.
H-street

Post by H-street »

just got mine tonight, not bad..

its a lot better than season 1..

the thing i dislike most about season 1's tin case is it lists the disk 7 episode info.. so there on the back of the complete boxset it lists the just the episodes on disk 7 (which i always found to be a bit odd)..

this one is nice.. slotted to hold the SE disks is nice

much nicer than just cramming them in there like season 1's box..

and let the marathon begin :)
Motoko2030

Post by Motoko2030 »

I also got mine today, the tin box to hold all of the volumes looks so much better than the the first season's tin box, I like the artwork on this one and the slots to fit the SE volumes in (to me, it looks like there will be room for the SE volumes not to get stuck.

The SAC OST 3 is the best soundtrack CD that has been released, some of the tracks on this disc that are my favorites are torkia and Christmas in the Silent Forest, dew.

I like the second version of the Motoko Kusanagi figure. I had pre-ordered this volume for $32 on Amazon.com.